The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Jolly Eggs!

Since he was a wee pup, Stig has always been fascinated with balls. Basketballs, soccer balls, rubber ball toys, he loves them all! The issue was that he can destroy them all. His bite seems to puncture anything he can get his paws on! Then I saw a post on ebn about a hard plastic toy called the Jolly Egg, did a little research, and knew we had to try it. On his very first Christmas, he enthusiastically opened his gift ... a 12" red jolly egg ... and it was love at first sight! It's the perfect toy for him because the egg shape makes it difficult for his jaw to grab. And the hardness of the plastic makes it very durable. Many days when we notice that he has a lot of energy to burn, even after a long walk, we give Stiggy the trusty jolly egg and he would play with it for hours. A little word of caution, though .... watch your shins!

-jollyegg-jpg
    Last edited by savemejeebus; 09-14-2012 at 10:32 PM.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

2. Likes NewEnglandBully, Evilo liked this post
    Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Jolly Eggs!

I had one for our boxer many years ago. They're fun to watch play with the big eggs!

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fezzik
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by savemejeebus View Post
    Since he was a wee pup, Stig has always been fascinated with balls. Basketballs, soccer balls, rubber ball toys, he loves them all! The issue was that he can destroy them all. His bite seems to puncture anything he can get his paws on! Then I saw a post on ebn about a hard plastic toy called the Jolly Egg, did a little research, and knew we had to try it. On his very first Christmas, he enthusiastically opened his gift ... a 12" red jolly egg ... and it was love at first sight! It's the perfect toy for him because the egg shape makes it difficult for his jaw to grab. And the hardness of the plastic makes it very durable. Many days when we notice that he has a lot of energy to burn, even after a long walk, we give Stiggy the trusty jolly egg and he would play with it for hours. A little word of caution, though .... watch your shins!

-jollyegg-jpg
    I just bought one for my dog. He loves it. I had to take it away after 1 minute because he was so out of breath. Now he paces by where I hid it out of his reach.

Poopah Scoopah Become a 4 Paw Member NewEnglandBully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laurie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastion (Sea Bass)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

We have a fellow ball lover as well!! Jolly's are a huge hit here…another bully owner suggested a Yoga ball as an out-door toy, so we gave it a shot…HOLY MOLY it was hysterical to watch and the ball is still going strong. It's too big to bite, so it won't pop and it is quite a workout.

"Unequivocally the Sweetest"

6. Likes Vikinggirl liked this post
    Real Name
    Olive
    Country
    Ireland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    George Bentley
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by savemejeebus View Post

-jollyegg-jpg
    I hope I can find somewhere to buy one of these my dog has destroyed every toy he had he has the most destructive saliva and bite ever he sits and sucks things to death if he can't manage to chew them to death in the last few weeks I've thrown out about €400 worth of toys he's even busted a Kong.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Evilo View Post
    I hope I can find somewhere to buy one of these my dog has destroyed every toy he had he has the most destructive saliva and bite ever he sits and sucks things to death if he can't manage to chew them to death in the last few weeks I've thrown out about 400 worth of toys he's even busted a Kong.
    As with every toy.... some can destroy anything - I bought one of these for Banks and she had holes in it within 30 minutes. With her, the only thing she did not destroy was her soft rubber spike ball - not sure what it was about that one ball, but she loved it and it lasted for 7 yrs ( i bought it when she was 2 and she past at 9)... still have it, but Lambeau is not interested in it at all. just like food... it is trail and error in finding what they will love, tolerate and destroy
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Olive
    Country
    Ireland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    George Bentley
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    As with every toy.... some can destroy anything - I bought one of these for Banks and she had holes in it within 30 minutes. With her, the only thing she did not destroy was her soft rubber spike ball - not sure what it was about that one ball, but she loved it and it lasted for 7 yrs ( i bought it when she was 2 and she past at 9)... still have it, but Lambeau is not interested in it at all. just like food... it is trail and error in finding what they will love, tolerate and destroy
    They are a little strange with their toys alright the strangest ones make it through and the rest just don't make it. But at this point I'll try anything to keep him happy and interested.

10. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post

Remove Ads