Jolly Eggs!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Since he was a wee pup, Stig has always been fascinated with balls. Basketballs, soccer balls, rubber ball toys, he loves them all! The issue was that he can destroy them all. His bite seems to puncture anything he can get his paws on! Then I saw a post on ebn about a hard plastic toy called the Jolly Egg, did a little research, and knew we had to try it. On his very first Christmas, he enthusiastically opened his gift ... a 12" red jolly egg ... and it was love at first sight! It's the perfect toy for him because the egg shape makes it difficult for his jaw to grab. And the hardness of the plastic makes it very durable. Many days when we notice that he has a lot of energy to burn, even after a long walk, we give Stiggy the trusty jolly egg and he would play with it for hours. A little word of caution, though .... watch your shins! :tongue:

JollyEgg.jpg

Last edited:

KimDe

Jan 6, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fezzik
Since he was a wee pup, Stig has always been fascinated with balls. Basketballs, soccer balls, rubber ball toys, he loves them all! The issue was that he can destroy them all. His bite seems to puncture anything he can get his paws on! Then I saw a post on ebn about a hard plastic toy called the Jolly Egg, did a little research, and knew we had to try it. On his very first Christmas, he enthusiastically opened his gift ... a 12" red jolly egg ... and it was love at first sight! It's the perfect toy for him because the egg shape makes it difficult for his jaw to grab. And the hardness of the plastic makes it very durable. Many days when we notice that he has a lot of energy to burn, even after a long walk, we give Stiggy the trusty jolly egg and he would play with it for hours. A little word of caution, though .... watch your shins! :tongue:

View attachment 27182

I just bought one for my dog. He loves it. I had to take it away after 1 minute because he was so out of breath. Now he paces by where I hid it out of his reach.

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
We have a fellow ball lover as well!! Jolly's are a huge hit here…another bully owner suggested a Yoga ball as an out-door toy, so we gave it a shot…HOLY MOLY it was hysterical to watch and the ball is still going strong. It's too big to bite, so it won't pop and it is quite a workout. :)

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley

View attachment 27182
I hope I can find somewhere to buy one of these my dog has destroyed every toy he had he has the most destructive saliva and bite ever he sits and sucks things to death if he can't manage to chew them to death in the last few weeks I've thrown out about €400 worth of toys he's even busted a Kong.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I hope I can find somewhere to buy one of these my dog has destroyed every toy he had he has the most destructive saliva and bite ever he sits and sucks things to death if he can't manage to chew them to death in the last few weeks I've thrown out about €400 worth of toys he's even busted a Kong.

As with every toy.... some can destroy anything - I bought one of these for Banks and she had holes in it within 30 minutes. With her, the only thing she did not destroy was her soft rubber spike ball - not sure what it was about that one ball, but she loved it and it lasted for 7 yrs ( i bought it when she was 2 and she past at 9)... still have it, but Lambeau is not interested in it at all. just like food... it is trail and error in finding what they will love, tolerate and destroy

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
As with every toy.... some can destroy anything - I bought one of these for Banks and she had holes in it within 30 minutes. With her, the only thing she did not destroy was her soft rubber spike ball - not sure what it was about that one ball, but she loved it and it lasted for 7 yrs ( i bought it when she was 2 and she past at 9)... still have it, but Lambeau is not interested in it at all. just like food... it is trail and error in finding what they will love, tolerate and destroy
They are a little strange with their toys alright the strangest ones make it through and the rest just don't make it. But at this point I'll try anything to keep him happy and interested.

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.