Natural Chew Bones

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
97016.jpg

Marrow bones which you can get these from you local grocery store or butcher. They are sometimes over 8 or 9 inches long so I just ask for them to be cut into 4 or 5 inches; this way all the marrow is reachable for the pup.

These are frozen and raw (front right), do not cook them. Just give right from the freezer, they last for hours and are also great for teething as the cold help with the pain. You can give it to them for as long as you want.

Once the marrow is done, you can stuff with yogurt, peanut butter (front center) or cream cheese and freeze. I also leave them empty (back left) for a few days after peanut butter and let them just chew on the empty bone.

It keeps them busy for hours and when done... they are exhausted and sleep for the next few hours. Very happy bully!

Last edited:

Apr 19, 2012
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chancho and Lola
Hi there, what age can you start giving them these? I have a 4 month and 7 month old....

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi there, what age can you start giving them these? I have a 4 month and 7 month old....

If just starting I would limit the amount of time with a full marrow bone until you see how their belly and :poo: react. I gave them to both my pups by 8 months. a

Apr 19, 2012
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chancho and Lola
Thanks, I'll try them next month on the older one. He is going to love them, I just know it!

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie

I put one out for Zam when I first got him. He did fine. The bone itself is too thick for them to break and eat. they can only gnaw on it and get what's inside. Be careful if you've more than one dog though giving to one and not the other or giving in a shared space can cause fights. WANT!

Apr 19, 2012
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chancho and Lola
Thanks for the tip. I bought both of them the exact same toy and gave them one each. They both went after eachother's! He'll have his on the porch while the other one is sleeping on daddy's tummy :whistle:

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Has anyone tried the ones you buy at petsmart that are filled with cheese or bacon? Are they good?

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Has anyone tried the ones you buy at petsmart that are filled with cheese or bacon? Are they good?

The 'stuff' inside is all processed... I prefer to place natural PB and lowfat options in the center

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
true! Just was wondering because secret santa is coming and Lola loves these bones!

heavyblankets

Jan 21, 2013
Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Agnes
What specifically do u ask for at the grocery store? Is it a specific type of bone? Or a leftover?

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
What specifically do u ask for at the grocery store? Is it a specific type of bone? Or a leftover?

I usually find them in the meat section (not frozen) and in the frozen meat section..... some stores call them 'soup bones', 'marrow bones' 'beef bones'

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.