Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Ethel10-150x150.jpg

Adoption Fee: $350.00

Special Needs: No

Tolerant of children
Tolerant of dogs
Tolerant of cats

Please welcome Ethel to our rescue family! She writes: There is a lot of me and about me to love! This nice man found me wandering lost and took me to his vet to see if I had a microchip… and I did! I then went to the animal shelter where they had a lot of other dogs, but none as pretty and sweet as me. But my family never came to get me.

So today, I left that crowded place and started a new life. Now, I’m looking for a new family that will love me and look for me if I get lost again. I am 9 years old and weigh 56 pounds. Some people think I may be a little too plump! I just think there is more of me to love. But my knees have been bothering me lately, so maybe a diet is not so bad.

I am living at this spa clinic for a while so they can fix me up. I have some bad skin spots, a double ear infection and some rotten teeth that need to be pulled. Shoot, one I get all that taken care of and lose a few pounds, I’ll be a new girl. I bet I have a lot more good years left in me.

Now I just need to find that loving family who will never let me go!

9/18/18 Update: Ethel had a bad limp when she came into rescue. We now know why. At some time, probably years ago, she broke her tibia. Her vet at the time inserted a rod until the bone could heal, which usually takes about 8 weeks. In her case, not only was the rod put in wrong, it was never removed! Dr. Larsen was shocked when she did some X-rays to look at her hips and knees.

She went to the orthopedic surgeon yesterday and had surgery today. The rod had been in so long, the knee cap was growing around the rod. The wires holding it in place are now totally embedded in the bone. Her leg tried to continue to grow, but could not do so properly because of the rod. So that leg is now 20% shorter and has a curve in it. But the ligaments are all in place and look healthy. We may have to scope her knee. She has walked so long that way, it has caused some damage to the other knee. We will give her a month to recover and examine her again. She may need to have more surgery, but our fingers are crossed that therapy will be helpful.

Through it all, she just keeps smiling and making friends everywhere she goes!

Wanna Adopt?

Please view the adoption process and fill out an application at their website ---> dfwbulldogrescue.org

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Lone Star

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News!

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.