Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Akina5-707x477.jpg

Adoption Fee: $350.00

Special Needs: No

Tolerant of children
Tolerant of dogs
Tolerant of cats

One day Akina had a family, the next day she did not! After deciding the family did not have time for her they gave her away. Akina either got out or her new family let her go and she was picked by a shelter roaming around town. Akina is microchipped so her original owner was called, but they did not want her back. So, after her stray hold was up we swooped her up. I keep seeing in my mind the facebook post “Please don’t get tired of me just because I got old.” Poor Akina, 10 years old, and no home to go to. Much thanks to Darren who drove south in the rain to make sure Akina was rescued today so we did not have to stay at the shelter another day.

5/20/18 Update: Hey everybody, I have been in my new foster home for about a week. This place is a hybrid of an all-inclusive resort and a senior center. I have two fur sisters, a resident queen, and a visiting princess. The queen is no trouble but the princess and I needed a few days to become simpatico. Foster dad learned that a puff of compressed air in the face of dueling pups calms the dust ups. Now, everything is copacetic.

I am a cross of Bulldog with a bit of something else (Terrier maybe) because I have a real tail. Maybe I am one of those so-called “Boutique Bullies.” No matter, at ten years old, I am spryer than dogs half my age. I can jump into the car and onto the seat in a single bound. How many of your senior Bullies can claim such vigor? Maybe I am so energetic because of my hybrid nature. My face is not as squashed and my joints are supple. I also have an unusual dining pattern. I must eat alone in my dining nook because I graze rather than bolt my food at breakfast and the others would try to horn in otherwise. At dinner though, I finish my entire meal at one sitting.

Foster dad is big on languages so he researched my name. Akina has many meanings in African and Asian languages. My personal favorite is Swahili meaning of bond, family bond. Kinda cool, huh?

Why you should adopt me? Glad you asked…

· I am house broken

· I get along with other dogs

· I only chew on my food

· I am a loyal pet who will follow you around

· I am not trouble except I do not like taking my eye drops.

So what are you waiting for?

5/27/18 Update: Akuna Matata to all y’all from Akina. I am changing the name of that tune to Akina Matata. The theme suits me. “No worries for the rest of your days… It’s my trouble free, philosophy, Akina Matata.” If you want Akuna Matata, adopt Akina Matata!

I was bored one morning this week so foster dad took out some toys. He was amazed at how eagerly I played. I am energetic and inquisitive. I investigated the basil plants and grapevines in the backyard garden. Wow, that must mean pesto sauce and wine! I hope that this crop matures soon. Speaking of maturity, at my age, I have it in spades. It will take a special person to adopt me. I understand that is a matter of love. As LeAnn Rimes told us, “Nothing about love makes sense.”

My tail stands out straight if I spot any trespassing lizards. I am determined to keep these invaders under control here. Being retired, I do not have many jobs, but lizard management is my passion. I am certain that my furever family is out there. Well, “Here I am – the one that you love,” so come find me.

6/24/18 Update: It has been a quiet different two weeks for me, one on vacation with my two fur sisters at resident queen Gabby’s vacation home. We were all royalty there. I am inquisitive, so I ran around and explored all the new stimuli. I met cows, saw horses and donkeys, and ran around the place taking in new smells and sights. I think vacation mom had trouble running me down.

Foster dad brought us to Gabby’s vacation home before leaving for Wisconsin. I do not know where that is, but I have heard that there is Texas, and the rest of the United States.

I hope you fill out an application soon. You may be matched to me! I’m full of energy and ready to fill your home with love. I dare you not to fall in love with me.

Wanna Adopt?

Please view the adoption process and fill out an application at their website ---> dfwbulldogrescue.org

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Lone Star

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News!

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
bump