Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Bam2-707x432.jpg

Adoption Fee: $350.00

Special Needs: No

I canā€™t believe the nerve of that lady. She said I was built like a linebacker! She hurt my feelings. Iā€™m just an older full-figured gal. My old parents said they loved their girls chunky and that I gave them plenty to love. Iā€™d like to tackle that lady and show her what I really am.

I have been well taken care of all my life. But for some reason I have gotten more cranky in my old age (8). I havenā€™t adjusted well as the family added more animals and my acting out caused me to spend too much time in timeout. So after trying several things, my family decided I had spent enough time in a crate for my own good. They talked to these nice rescue people who said they could find the perfect family where I would be free to be me.

That family would be where I was the only dog, and the laps were big. I still move really good for my age and 76 pounds. I think all the stress lately has messed up my skin, but it will be fixed in no time. So hurry up and fill out that application. I canā€™t wait all day for you to come take me home.

5/20/18 Update: Please, when you say my name, say BAMā€¦ say it like you mean it! BAM! I need to let you know that I was a victim of bullying. Yes, it was Bulldog bullying yesterday and I am not happy about it AT ALL.

Here is what happened and you be the judgeā€¦ I hitched a Lyft yesterday from Dr. Larsenā€™s and as I was sitting in the back seat, I heard the driver Bill say, ā€œI hope you have a fork lift when I get there because I am carrying a wide load!ā€ I looked over my shoulder to see what was in the trailer he was referencing and there was no trailer! Well, I thought that was odd so I just sat there with my ear pressed against the back seat. Then I heard some more disturbing things like, ā€œThis is the fattest Bulldog I have ever seenā€ and ā€œWowā€¦ she just let herself go!lā€ I thought, as I sat there eating my ice cream cone, how dare they be talking about me, BAM. Hello, I can hear you! I am right behind you!

Letā€™s just say Bill did NOT get a tip. I will never ride with Lyft again. From now on, it is Uber for me! It took me 8 years to get this smoking hot body and I am proud to be a part of the Fluffy Senior Bulldog Club. Itā€™s better than being hungry any day! Please send in a application and maybe youā€™ll be matched to me. Itā€™s been a terrible, emotional few days for me and I see some binge eating in the futureā€¦ unless I can find my furever family fast!

6/24/18 Update: Iā€™ve been transported to my new foster family. Yes, I use the word transport as a slight dig at my foster parents. I heard one lady say to another lady that sheā€™d get me moved when she got a trailer! My new foster mom said, ā€œShe canā€™t be THAT big.ā€ Well, I guess my new FM (that stands for foster mom) says that Iā€™m the heaviest Bulldog sheā€™s ever seen! Iā€™ll interpret that as meaning heavy as in one of my favorite songs, ā€˜Heā€™s Not Heavy, Heā€™s My Brother.ā€™

So, this is whatā€™s been going on with meā€¦ I sleep, I eat, I go outside to do business and repeat. �� FM sometimes needs to use a little encouragement to get me up and about. See, my weight is not helping the old lady arthritis and these old joints arenā€™t what they used to be. Iā€™m a great snuggler, but FM doesnā€™t have the strength to get me on the sofa so sheā€™ll come lay on the floor with me. I happily share my bed with her, as I LOVE a good belly, back and butt scratch. I do my business outside with the exception of one episode in my kennel. FM says itā€™s alright though. I was still getting used to the place. I am now allowed to sleep anywhere I want at night. Iā€™ve chosen the best bed with the best quilt so my achy body doesnā€™t hurt so bad.

Iā€™ll keep you posted on my progress. FM is giving me all the meds and supplements needed for my arthritis and my skin. Got a few patches here and thereā€¦ FM says theyā€™te looking better already and is documenting my beautiful brindle coat for before and after pictures. FM says no need to use a scale for weighing in though! She said, ā€œYou can tell by your jeans,ā€ �� whatever that means!

Wanna Adopt?

Please view the adoption process and fill out an application at their website ---> dfwbulldogrescue.org

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Lone Star

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News!

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
bump