United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Helga1-707x432.jpg

Special Needs: No

Tolerant of children
Tolerant of dogs
Tolerant of cats

Helga found herself wandering around town in East Texas, just like a lovely lady on a afternoon stroll. However, Helga felt like it was her supper time, but no one wanted to feed her so she just laid down in the road, trying to figure out what direction was the best for her to go. Lucky for Helga, it was just a country road with not much traffic or Helga might have not been so lucky.

As luck would have it, a really nice animal control officer came along and loaded her up, got her some supper, and knew either she was lost or someone had dumped her. Helga sat patiently for someone to come looking for her, but no one came. So, Helga was happy to leave, start her medical treatment for mastitis, take a bath, have her nails trimmed and have a big bed to sleep on. Helga is 3-4 years old, has birthed some babies, and overall is one sweet Bulldog!

5/7/18 Update: Afternoon everyone, it’s me Helga checking with the best news ever! I overheard a conversation that rescue had just approved a new foster family and they needed a really nice, loving, bulldog as their first foster. Then guess what I heard? I heard “they need to foster Helga, she the best one in rescue!” Did I hear that right, someone was saying Helga was the best one in rescue? I wanted to cry big bulldog tears. You see, before rescue I was found wandering in the country looking for a meal. Yes, I had had some litters of puppies, yes, I had some mammary tumors, yes I was big, but no one ever said I was the best of anything. My only job was having babies till I could not have any more, then I was let go. Well, today I am moving my residence, I am going to break in a new foster family, and I am important, I am loved and I am happy. I am waiting for a forever family to find me, but until then I am happy, really happy just hanging around with my new foster family. The last 2 pics, do you see me with my new foster parents Randy and Meda? They said I was beautiful!

5/9/18 Update: Monday evening we had the pleasure of picking up Helga and bringing her home with us! She really is a wonderful girl and a true delight. We took her around the condo property so she could get familiar with the layout and she made several new friends, skin and fur! Randy and I put together her crate and she was right by his side helping him each step of the way. She could hardly wait to get in it! That adorable stump of hers just wagged like crazy! She is a quick learner, knows when “treat time” is and her and Kingston, our fur baby, sit side by side waiting for their turn! Enjoying our time with her and getting lots of love from her! Thank you to Renea, Shanette and Wes for all the info and the warm welcome into the wonderful world of foster! A special thank you to Dianne for choosing Helga as our first foster! We should have no problem getting her a fur ever home!!

5/20/18 Update: Another good weekend in the books! My first BBQ backyard party was a success! We had great weather so we got to ride with our faces in the wind. Foster pops was proud of me for not being scared of 18-wheelers… loud noises do not bother me a bit, including thunderstorms! We got to stay the weekend at my foster family’s bestie’s home. We’ve come to the conclusion that I would do really well with someone who has a backyard, as I love to be outside! I also enjoy just sitting in front of the window or door and looking outside observing – I don’t bark at everything that comes by. Another plus for me: I did really well with meeting lots of new people and doggies. I handled myself like a real lady. I even learned to play with a squeaky ball, something I don’t think I ever had. The young Navy man who was home visiting his mom was thrilled he was the one to help me with that!

Wanna Adopt?

Please view the adoption process and fill out an application at their website ---> dfwbulldogrescue.org

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Lone Star

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News!

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bump!

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Helga8.png

Helga loves everyone and everything. Unfortunately, her new brother in her adoptive home did not like her at all. He would attack her often causing injuries. So for her well-being it was decided to return her to rescue so she could find another family. We welcome this sweet gal back and will be looking to match her with another family.

Members online

No members online now.