United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Suki2-707x432.jpg

Special Needs: No

Tolerant of children
Tolerant of dogs
Tolerant of cats

Let me introduce myself. My name is Suki and I am ten years old. But I am worried about my dad. Heā€™s been crying a lot lately! Today I found out why. He lost his job a few years ago and has had a hard time finding another good one. His mother died, and then he hurt his back really bad and was laid up for months following surgery. I was his nurse. ��

Then things got worse. We lost our house and moved into a smaller one. Last week we had to move out of that one and he said the only thing he could find was to rent one room in a house and that I would have to stay outside. He said he knew it was not the right thing to do, but he couldnā€™t find anything else. Thatā€™s when the crying really started. He also apologized that for the past couple of years he could not afford to take me to the vet like he used to. And I really need to go!

So desperate situations call for hard decisions. Today I met this nice man and my dad gave him my crate and handed him my leash. We had a tearful good bye. But he said it was best for me. Now I can get my eves fixed, get my shots, be spayed, and get a real spa treatment. This gal has needed one of those for a long time! I donā€™t know what the future holds in rescue, but I will never forget my dad who loved me and cared for me and always did what he could to do what was best for me. I sure hope he will be alright.

4/29/18 Update: Foster girl Suki joined me and my three senior bulldog girls week ago. It has been an easy transition for her and a pleasant one for us. She has made herself at home. When you meet Suki be ready for conversation and extended love sessions. If you talk to this little love bug and rub her ears she gurgles a low growl with tail wagging all of the time. She likes to visit. If you stop the loving before sheā€™s through, you get the paw for more. I have never had a bulldog that could scratch her ears with her hind legs. Suki can. She needs eye drops every day, but other than that she is a healthy, happy girl. She hasnā€™t attempted to get on the furniture, even though I wouldnā€™t mind, and she always does her business outside. Ten years is just a number for Suki. My three girls sleep too much for her. She is active, curious and ready for action. I predict many more years for this sweet girl.

Wanna Adopt?

Please view the adoption process and fill out an application at their website ---> dfwbulldogrescue.org

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Lone Star

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News!

OP
Cbrugs

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
bump