MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
sophie lynn.png

If good things come in small packages, big things must arrive in a wagon! Meet Sophie Lynn, a rather large, robust lady who seems to be about as stubborn as a mule when it comes to moving, walking, or doing anything that requires much activity, except eating and she loves to eat.Sophie Lynn is 2 and is as sweet and precious as they come. She does prefer being carried to walking, and she prefers to rest and not play much. After observing her walking, I do believe she has a torn ACL. Or, she just hobbles because sheā€™s so largeā€¦which weā€™ll be addressing. Either way, Sophie Lynn should get a award in cuteness because she is one cute lady!1/6/18 Update: I must be just about the happiest girl in rescue at the moment. My bum wiggles and wiggles. Sometimes, it wiggles when it has nothing to wiggle about! Life is a box of Benebones, and you never know what youā€™re going to get. And I just love life. Foster Mum says I look like a barrel on four legs. OK, that sounds great! Who wouldnā€™t want to look like a barrel? She says I donā€™t walk, but waddle. That makes me special, so I like that I waddle and look like a barrel on four legs. Then she brought out this thing called a leash, and I finally discovered something in this life that I donā€™t really fancy: walks. It was a battle of wills, and I won! No walk! Yet one more thing for my bum to wiggle about. She said I won the battle, but not the war. Huh? Iā€™m a lover, not a fighter. (Still, no walk!)Well, I just wanted to introduce myself, but Iā€™ll have more to report later! Right now Iā€™m going to go do one of my favorite things: curl up in the bed for a snooze.
1/14/18 Update: Remember me? Foster mum has decided to call me ā€œSedentary Sophie.ā€ What can I say? I never met a bed I didnā€™t like. You might see me at todayā€™s Bulldog Bonanza at Shadyā€™s Burgers in Richardson. It depends on whether I can be peeled off a bed. Did I mention Iā€™m stubborn?
1/19/18 Update: Foster girl Sophie Lynn is wearing her wide receiver tee today. Sheā€™s all suited up for a football matchā€¦. except she, um, prefers wagons to exercise. Oh, well. She still looks the part.
1/30/18 Update: Hi everyone! Itā€™s Sophie Lynn here. Iā€™ve been a busy girl. I got to go to our rescue event at that yummy smelling burger joint called Shady Burgers. I got the VIP treatment and got carried out of there. Now thatā€™s service! I think Iā€™ll be a return visitor. You see, foster mum named me Sedentary Sophie. It fits me, you know? Who needs movement when you can be carried. Or at least thatā€™s what I say. I love my R&R so much that the first thing I do when I enter a room is find the bed. In fact, I think if foster mum took me to a stadium, Iā€™d find the only bed in thereā€¦except if itā€™s in the bleachers. Who needs steps when the artificial turf probably feels just fine!
Whereā€™s my furever family? Youā€™re out there. I know it. Youā€™re the one that wants a lazy, lump of a love. For Valentineā€™s Day, I suggest. Iā€™m simple with few demands. I only want a soft bed to lie in and a family to call my own. Thatā€™s all. Foster mum says Iā€™m one of the sweetest Bulldogs sheā€™s fostered. (Also the stubbornest but never mind about that.) Anyway, I want to wish everyone a Happy Valentineā€™s Day. Iā€™ll be back next week to say it again.
3/4/18 Update: Lifeā€™s good. Well, except for the diet foster mum insists on keeping me on. Good news though! Iā€™ve heard people say Iā€™ve lost weight. Day by day, Iā€™m getting more and more slender. Foster mum still laughs at me, though, because she says I waddle. Iā€™ve heard it said that I probably always will because Iā€™m so broad shouldered and carry so much weight in the front. Iā€™m still a lazy girl who prefers to be carried when I come and go. I feel like a princess like that. I love my beds more than anything else in the world. Are you looking for a Bulldog you can cuddle with on the sofa? If so, Iā€™m your girl.
Since Iā€™ve been in my foster home, other dogs have come and gone. They were all the playful type and loved all the toys in the house. I was grumpy about their presence at the beginning because this is my home, right? I discovered pretty quickly, though, that I didnā€™t mind their presence at all. In fact, I kind of liked it. I was more engaged in things and played with the toys. So I learned something new about myself. Iā€™ve come to the conclusion that, although being an only dog would be cool, I can actually do really well in a home with other dogs! So thatā€™s my update for now. Signing out now. Love, Sophie Lynn (aka Barrel)

Wanna Adopt?

Please view the adoption process and fill out an application at their website ---> dfwbulldogrescue.org

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Lone Star

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News!
:up:

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.