MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
twinkie.jpg

Twinkie, 7 years old, was found in Bryan yesterday. It looks like life has been anything but a fairytale for Twinkie. We look forward to making her feel and look better. She is chipped, but neither the primary or secondary contacts have responded. So, weā€™ll take her in and get her the care (and food!) she needs.
6/25/17 Update: Iā€™m Twinkie! I was surrendered to a nice lady with Lone Star Bulldog Club Rescue because I was found wondering and lost. No one really knows my full back story or my exact age or what might have happened to me ā€” BUT, what we do know is that when rescue took me in, I was so unbelievably emaciated ā€” it was painful to look at me. In fact, I overheard someone saying they had never seen a dog that thin.
I didnā€™t feel so hot for a long while. It took some time for me to recover and put on much-needed weight. I also was a little depressed for a while.
Fast forward, I feel so much better now and my true personality has started to emerge and let me tell you ā€” I am one heck of an adorable Bulldog! I am so happy to be a chunky monkey now. I will flop over anywhere at anytime to let you rub my belly. I love to trot alongside my caregivers, always wanting to be close and in on anything exciting that might happen. I have lots of playful energy, but I also like a nice comfy couch to snuggle up on. I am so loving. I love to be picked up and held close, kissed and told how beautiful I am. I canā€™t wait to meet my forever people. Itā€™s been so long since I have had a very own home and family of my own. I will do best in a single pet home that loves affectionate, spunky little girls like me!
7/2/17 Update: Foster girl Twinkie is ready to celebrate the 4th with maybe a little bite of burgerā€¦ sheā€™s grown accustomed to better meals over the last few months!
11/12/17 Update: Twinkie is a chubby little gal ā€” sheā€™s no trouble at all. She loves to play ball and then she is passed out cold for the day. She enjoys attention and loves to be petted. She wonā€™t overwhelm anyone with neediness, but I also think Twinkie would be up for adventures. When Twinkie came to us she was so thin, it brought tears to my eyes. She was starvedā€¦ needless to say she loves her food and nothing makes her happier than eating (I know the feeling). Twinkie has been ready for a real home for SO very long. Twinkie doesnā€™t love other dogs, so I know how hard that makes it to find a home. Please share our little Twinkers (thatā€™s what we like to call her). I am really hoping a home for her is in the near future! She deserves to live the rest of her years with a furever family.

Wanna Adopt?

Please view the adoption process and fill out an application at their website ---> dfwbulldogrescue.org

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Lone Star

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News! :up:

Most Reactions