MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
tonka.jpg

Tonka was rescued from a shelter by one of the techs and brought to us. He is 8 years old, has badly infected ears and a corneal ulcer. He is at the vet for further evaluation and treatment.
6/23/17 Update: Hello, my name is Tonka. I am finally getting settled into my new foster home. When I got here a week ago, I was a little on the thin side. Well, I have gotten plenty of food and relaxation. Iā€™ve met another foster dog named, Petunia. We are almost inseparable at this point. We seem to enjoy life in the same ways. Chasing water and wrestling around is how we like it. I hope I find my new furever home, but until then, Iā€™m going to live life. Bring on the fun in the sun.
7/1/17 Update: I have had a nice peaceful week. Getting to enjoy the early mornings outside is my favorite thing. It takes me a few minutes to get these mature legs a going sometimes. Donā€™t you worry thoughā€¦ I am determined to get where I need to. I enjoy being loved on anytime. Also, Iā€™m great with kiddos, in case you were wondering. If you have any spare peanut butter in your home, I can take care of that for you. I have a gentle soul and would love to find my furever home. Sometimes, if you believe hard enough, anything is possible.
9/12/17 Update: I have been living the snoring life. I enjoy taking naps by your feet. Getting later in my years, I am looking for a patient family that will love me the way I am. I wonā€™t set any land speed records, thatā€™s for sure. It doesnā€™t bother me because I know someone out there will appreciate me as a true companion. I will be loyal and loving to a lucky person. My foster mom found my ticklish spot that I thought I had hidden from everyone. She gets a kick out of making my leg twitch, like Thumper from Bambi. Seniors are so grateful for any family that will welcome them. Please put in an application so we might be able to live out my Golden Years together.
11/22/17 Update: Tonka checking in before Thanksgiving. I am a senior that wants to find my furever home. My foster parents call me Grandpaw Even though the odds arenā€™t in my favor I still have hope. Sometimes in life you look past age and understand that tomorrow isnā€™t promised. I have a genuine kid at heart attitude about me that loves to be playful. Iā€™m surrounded by other fosters seeing them come and go knowing the person reading this is my match. I am Thankful to be loved on and told countless times ā€œTonka you are so specialā€. My foster pops makes time just for me everyday and I sleep next to his bed every night. He has worked with me on going outside and keeping involved in fun activities. Please share my story so my furever family can find me. Have a Happy Thanksgiving and I canā€™t wait for what my foster parents are making us tomorrow.

Wanna Adopt?

Please view the adoption process and fill out an application at their website ---> dfwbulldogrescue.org

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Lone Star

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News! :up:

Members online

No members online now.