JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Sunny2-707x433.jpg

Miss Sunny is aptly named! She is a delight to be around. She is an owner surrender after her original owner gave her to a friend and the friend gave her to another friend who contacted us. They realized the demands of a bully were not for everyone. She is at the vet for her evaluation, but appears to be very healthy and ready for her foster home for further evaluation.
7/10/16 Update: Well, we have had Sunny since Friday afternoon and she is slowly coming out of her shell. She is the sweetest senior, 7 yrs old, and my 4 kids just love her and she soaks it up!! She is very slow but we trotted outside this afternoon….last night she tried to get up on the couch with me. She follows me everywhere. The boys were upstairs playing Xbox and all of a sudden I hear “Sunny is upstairs!”, which totally shocked me cause she doesn’t move a lot. Today we got home from Walmart and she actually showed excitement to see us, which is 180 degrees from her sleeping all day Friday and most of Saturday. I’ve given her two baths as she was so gross, clumps of stuff underneath and burrs all over her. Her folds on her face hadn’t been cleaned in forever, it was like tar black. She got another today and smells so good and seems happier! She doesn’t bark or play, mainly sits or lays down, but she is the master napped in the sitting position! She LOVES treats and a good rubbing!! She is potty trained but did pee in her bed the first night. She is super small and has the perfect stance and bulldog look….just don’t see how anyone could give her up!!!
As far as other dogs, she has snapped at our bulldog a few times but it’s not viciously, but our bulldog has been our #1 so she is more affected by Sunny being in HER house. Poor Alli wants her to play but Sunny looks at her like “lemme lone”! Sunny loves the kids and would be good with kids or dogs…shows no food aggression. She really is just a sweet little girl that wants her naps and treats. She would be perfect for anyone wanting a bulldog!

Wanna Adopt?

Please view the adoption process and fill out an application at their website ---> dfwbulldogrescue.org

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Lone Star

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News! :up:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.