JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Kirby2.jpg

Please welcome Kirby to the Lone Star Bulldog Club Rescue family. He comes to us from a local shelter. Our volunteer Christy writes: He suffers from malnutrition and might weigh 37 pounds. His head and face are beautiful. He may have skin problems, or it may just be from his lack of nutrition. Weā€™ll see what the vet has to say. He will be fat and beautiful soon. We like to eat at my house!
6/20/16 Update: Kirby came to live with us last week after I picked him up from a local shelter. He has not been to the clinic to get his exam or neuter as of yet, but has an appointment this Thursday. At this time, I donā€™t know his age, but maybe 2-3 years. He is in hog heaven with all the girls in the house. He wants to love on all of them and they are not having any of that. I do admire his persistence. He is a very bright boy. His entire week has consisted of food, sleep, food, sleep. He has already put on a couple of pounds and never leaves an empty bowl. At first, we had a little problem with being aggressive at meal time, but now he knows there is always enough food for everyone at Mamaā€™s house. His skin is a lot better, but still needs some work. He is a happy boy and loves to play. He is good with everything with fur and skin. I think he had been put out on the street because someone decided he wasnā€™t important enough to feed anymore. Well, to his surprise, we at Lone Star Bulldog Club Rescue disagree. We picked him up and cleaned him up. We will get him the medical attention he needs. Weā€™ll feed him, love him and make sure he will get a wonderful furever family and lifeā€¦. A life much better than the people that put him on the street. We got you, Kirby!
6/27/16 Update: Kirby boy has had a ruff week. Heā€™s slept, eaten, played and had a bath. What I found out about Kirby is he gives you silly looks out of the corner of his eyes. When I talk to him sometimes the only thing that moves are his eyes. Like a child who your getting on to and they roll their eyes. That what he does. He is the funniest thing. It has been another week of him trying to entice all the ladies in the house with no luck. This week the girls will get a rest Kirbyā€™s being neutered. He now weighs 47 lbs. and still loves his and everybody elseā€™s food. He thinks heā€™s the protector of the house. He unlike Bella Irene did not like the repair man. He wasnā€™t aggressive just standoffish with him. He had a meet and greet on Saturday with some of the other Bullies and was a good boy. Everyone keep your fingers crossed for one of the 4 to be the bully of their dreams.
7/3/16 Update: KIRBY HERE! My week was very eventful. I had all my vaccinations, my heartworm check turned out negative and the worst for my manhood is that my foster mom allowed me to be NEUTERED. She says it will be better for me in the long run, but I donā€™t even know what ā€œin the long runā€ means. I just know they are gone.
One of the greatest things happened to me this week. There was a very sweet lady by the name of Susie Kubin, along with her baby Miss Trudy, who purchased a collar, leash and bowtie from P Dawgs Accessories JUST FOR ME! I am looking good. I want to THANK YOU so much for doing this for me. It was a very sweet thing to do. Iā€™m sure you all will agree Iā€™m a pretty boy in my new duds.
The MOST IMPORTANT THING of all this week is that a family has picked ME to be their forever boy. They flew all the way from California to see me and now they will return after my eye surgery to pick me up and drive me back home. California, here I come! I must be a very special boy for them to go to that extreme ā€“ to pick, love and take me home forever. I am one of the many Bully babies that has found my forever home and love, but there are still those who have not yet found theirs. They are wonderful brothers and sisters and all need their own beds, their own love in their own homes so please keep reading about them, following them and finding a place in your family for all of them. KIRBY SIGNING OUT!

Wanna Adopt?

Please view the adoption process and fill out an application at their website ---> dfwbulldogrescue.org

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Lone Star

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News! :up:

Attachments

• Katy.jpg
    Katy.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 121

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.