JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Katy.jpg

Please welcome 6-year-old Katy to our rescue family. Katy has been with another, all-breed rescue since January, getting all her medical needs met, including the pulling of all her rotten teeth. Obviously, Katie was in horrific shape when she was originally surrendered. The rescue group knew finding Katy a home that knows Bulldogs was a priority, so they turned to us. Katy is precious, full of love, energyā€¦ And toothless.
6/17/16 Update: Do you ever have a foster that you can totally picture who they would be in their human form? Katy would be named Ethel. You would find Ethel up in Oklahoma, behind a slot machine with a cigarette dangling out of her mouth. With Katyā€™s toothless grin and raspy bark, I think I love this gal more and more every day. She is very sweet, very laid back and just wants someone to chill with her. Katy will come alive when she sees a leash. She loves walks and loves car rides even more. Katy has very soft fur and really doesnā€™t shed any.
I wish she could tell me of her past, but I think sheā€™s content on living in this moment. I havenā€™t had her in a crate because she obviously isnā€™t going to chew up anything she shouldnā€™t. She shows no signs of food aggression. She actually wiggles her tail while she eats so Iā€™m guessing that food is pure bliss for her. Me too, Katy. Me too. We are working on the bathroom part. Sometimes she will go out willingly. Sometimes I have to pick her up. Most of the time she will potty outside, but she has had a few accidents. Just give Katy a soft blanket with a spot on the couch (again, she doesnā€™t shed) and you will have made a best friend!
7/10/16 Update: Hey everybullyā€¦ itā€™s me, Katy, AKA Ethel, now AKA Zippy. Iā€™m starting to come out of my shell and I like to dance and prance. Feed me and Iā€™m dancing. Call my name and Iā€™m prancing. Let me outside to poop and Iā€™m doing both. Thatā€™s all Bulldogs, though. Totally normal for us to do a victory lap, right? Hee hee. Iā€™m still told Iā€™m the sweetest thing next to apple pie and I do my best to hold that title. My foster sister likes to get rowdy with me and we play. A lot. And I show her how tough I am by gumming her so much that her fur gets sopping wet. Having no teeth hasnā€™t stopped me and I walk away the winnerā€¦ sheā€™s the one thatā€™s all wet! Iā€™m waiting patiently for my people.I know youā€™re out there so in the meantime, Iā€™ll keep practicing all my fancy moves with my foster family.

Wanna Adopt?

Please view the adoption process and fill out an application at their website ---> dfwbulldogrescue.org

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Lone Star

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News! :up:

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online