JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Haley.jpg
Please welcome 39-pound, 6-year-old Haley to our rescue family. A volunteer for another local rescue group saw her available for free on Craigslist and did not want her to fall into the wrong hands. She snatched her up and called us. She is at the vetā€™s office now for shots, a heartworm test and some allergy treatments. Please stay tuned for more details about her.
6/9/16 Update: Haley received a clean bill of health from the vet except for the allergic dermatitis that we already knew she had. She is now on meds for that and a few days of an antibiotic to help clear up her skin. She is now off to a foster home and ready to begin the next chapter in her little life.
6/13/16 Update; Haley is now with her foster mom and pops and two foster fur siblings. Hi everybully ~ Haley here! Iā€™ve been with my foster family a few days now and Iā€™m having the greatest time! My frame is a lil small, but Iā€™m doing my best to put on a few pounds. Iā€™m about 6 years old, but I act like a 6-month-old. My foster mom and pop tell me Iā€™m just the sweetest girl, and that I have a lot of puppy in me. For the most part, I get along with my foster brother and foster sister. Weā€™re all still getting to know each other. Iā€™m not completely house trained, but Iā€™m working really hard at getting it right. Iā€™m also working on improving my manners. I have a lil skin issue, but my foster parents are helping me get it all cleared up. I love my crate, taking naps, treats, following my foster mom wherever she goes, extra treats, meals (including second breakfast and fourth meal), snuggling, and snack time. Before you know it, Iā€™ll be ready to meet my furever family. Stay tuned, Iā€™ll be sure to send some selfies on a regular basis. -ā€œlilā€ Haley
6/20/16 Update: Hi everybully! Lil Haley here. Iā€™m looking forward to the Bulldog Bonanza at EarthWise Pet Supply this Saturday in Southlake! Hope to see you there! Now that Iā€™ve been with my foster family a little more than a week, theyā€™re learning more and more of my quirks. Iā€™m not a fan of grass. Especially tall grass. I will only go onto the lawn to do my business, and I make that as quick as possible. For the most part, Iā€™m house trained. I have had a couple accidents in the house, but this is still a work in progress. Iā€™m doing really good though. I love my crate so much, I need everyone to know itā€™s MY territory, but Iā€™m working on this, too. I do love to play with my tennis ball. When Iā€™m in a playful mood, I do play a little rough and like to jump, so Iā€™m thinking Iā€™d be a better fit with a furever family that has older kids. I absolutely LOVE to snuggle, and just overall be with my foster family wherever they go. I get along great with my foster brother Rico, but I donā€™t always see eye-to-eye with my foster sister Lola. Iā€™m trying to show some dominance, but Lola keeps proving she is the boss. Iā€™m not too sure how I act around cats since I havenā€™t been around any with my fosters. If I come across a cat, Iā€™ll be sure to update you all on how well (or not) I get along with them.
I have put on a little over 1 pound in my time with my foster family, and Iā€™m trying to gain a few more during my stay. Thanks to my daily allergy meds and some medicated baths every few days, my skin feels a lot less itchy and am starting to grow back some fur in my bald spots. My coat has never been so soft! Come by the Bulldog Bonanza in Southlake on Saturday and give me a pet. Iā€™ve included a few pics of myself and my foster bro Rico. Iā€™ve also included a selfie for your viewing pleasure! Until next time, Haley
6/237/16 Update: Hi Everybully! ā€˜Lilā€™ Haley here checkin in. I had a great time over the weekend meeting a few potential furever families at Earthwise in Southlake. Sorry I was acting a lil crazy. I just get nervous around a bunch of other dogs. Itā€™s overwhelming. The good thing is, I do well meeting new dogs one at a time, slowly. Iā€™ve had a fantastic week! I used to be terrified of grass, but Iā€™m quickly learning the grass isnā€™t so bad after all. Iā€™m also starting to get the hang of this weird ā€œnot peeing in the houseā€ rule that my crazy foster family enforces. I havenā€™t had an accident in over a week! My skin is also improving a lot! Iā€™m growing fur back that Iā€™d lost previously from scratching so much due to allergies. Iā€™m still working on putting on some weight, so bring on the snacks! My manners are improving tremendously, but I still have a ways to go. I am a quick learner, though. I absolutely love to jump up onto my foster parentsā€™ laps and take a nap. Itā€™s very comforting for me. Oh, and BTW, I snore like a champ. Overall, Iā€™m really starting to come out of my shell and learn that I donā€™t have to be scared all the time. Iā€™m in much better shape now than I was just a couple weeks ago. Until next week everybully! ā€“ ā€˜Lilā€™ Haley

Wanna Adopt?

Please view the adoption process and fill out an application at their website ---> dfwbulldogrescue.org

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Lone Star

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News! :up:

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.