JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Atlas.jpg
Please welcome Atlas to our rescue family. Owner surrender Atlas is 70 pounds of muscle and spunk. He just turned 5 and seems to be very healthy, but he has not seen a vet in a long time. Fingers crossed all checks out well. Stay tuned for more details on this fine boy! He will be neutered so he will be laying around for a few days. So far he seems to be the perfect gentleman and gets along with everyone and everything.
6/2/16 Update: Bad news from the vet today. Atlas is Heartworm positive and will have to undergo 30 days of treatment.
6/13/16 Update: Let me tell you about my big boy Atlas. He is actually lighter than he looks. He is only 70 pounds and loves morning walks, naps and belly rubs. He spent a night in my house a couple of weeks go when I first picked him up as an owner surrender. I could tell then how sweet he was and how well I thought he would get along with my dogs. With limited contact last night they did real well. A Furminator was made for this guy. Yesterday and this afternoon I have combed up enough hair to make a small garment. He is really shedding. I think he spent a lot of time outdoors so he has an extra heavy coast to shed. He did well meeting everyone yesterday at Hollywood Feed and got along well with most of the dogs.
He would be great for a family wanting a lazy bulldog they could dote on. And they better want a dog with more wrinkles than you have ever seen, and a nose rope big and deep enough to grow a garden. He is a really classic bully. We will be keeping him for a few days until he heads back to the clinic to start his heart worm treatment. Then he can come back to our home and nap all he wants for 30 days.
6/15/16 Update: Atlas is so excited he gets to go to the vet today and stay a couple of days as he starts his heartworm treatment. The treatment restrictions won’t be much of a change for him. He does enjoy an early morning walk, but other than that, it’s naps and treats. He gets along great with my two because he is too lazy to start anything.
6/20/16 Update: Big boy Atlas has had his first relaxing week at our house. He went to the vet on Wednesday to begin his heart worm treatment and came back home Friday. We are so fortunate to have this big guy as he recuperates. He is so sweet and chilled about everything. He and his foster brother and sister get along great. He doesn’t mind time in his crate, but when he is out all he does is lay around anyway. He makes heart worm recovery a breeze. We have discovered his three favorite poses–all lying down!
7/3/16 Update: Big Boy Atlas just continues to chill and take it easy during his crate rest and heartworm treatment. He does have his moments when he wants to take off and run in the backyard to chase the ever-present squirrel. He goes outside to do his business and while the others are walking around looking for trouble, he just goes back to the porch an sits and waits. We’ll schedule his neuter for the last week of July and soon after, he will make a family very lucky by coming to live with them.

Wanna Adopt?

Please view the adoption process and fill out an application at their website ---> dfwbulldogrescue.org

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Lone Star

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News! :up:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.