JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Penelope.jpg

Welcome the soon to be famous Penelope Cruz to Rescue. She comes to us from a local shelter and weighs just 32 pounds. She has issues with her skin, eyes and ears, and sheā€™s also heartworm positive. Stay tuned to watch her journey to health and happiness.
6/1/16 Update from Penelope Cruzā€™s foster momma: I think she was a mill mama. She has c-section scars, has probably never been on grass based on her reaction to it and pees on her belongings where she sleeps. She seemed to get mad when I took her bed away to wash it! She did go outside to potty, but on the concrete only. She didnā€™t want to eat her dry food, so I mixed in organic chicken broth and she ate it all. She drinks a TON. Overall, I think sheā€™s relaxed and happy! I think she is finally resting peacefully for the first time in a long time.
6/6/16 Update: Foster girl Penelope Cruz is heading to the vetā€™s office to start her heartworm treatment. Please pray it goes well for her!
6/16/16 Update: Penelope had a good ride home from the vet. She is crated for 30 days during her heartworm treatment. With this heat, she is enjoying the indoors. Penelope is allowed freedom to eat and get some love. She had a bath and seemed to feel better afterward. Some hair is growing back on her bald spots, but her skin issues will take time to heal. Penelope is not a fan of the outdoors and apparently, has never been on grass. She prefers to do her business on concrete, but we are working on that. Being a tiny girl, she is on the three-meal-a-day plan and cannot get enough food. Penelope is always up for a meal or snack. She loves children and gets along with other dogs. She does eat separately because she would like to eat everyoneā€™s food.
6/20/16 Update: We have hair! Yes, this once bald little piggy tail is sprouting soft white hair. Penelope had her bath today and felt like wearing a bow and taking a short visit outside of her crate to which she is confined during her heartworm treatment. Penelope is starved for both love and food, so sheā€™s now getting a lot of both. She is crate trained. She has not had the run of the house, so we donā€™t know about house training yet. She goes out several times a day, but is not a fan of the outside. She cannot get back in the house fast enough. I cannot wait for her confinement to be over and see her personality blossom.
6/27/16 Update: Foster girl Penelope Cruz is still confined to her crate for another couple of weeks to complete her heartworm treatment. Her favorite part of the day is meal time. She wants her breakfast before she goes out to do her business. She checks everyoneā€™s bowl after she eats to see if maybe someone has left a few morsels. Penelope is the hungriest girl ever. She knows when lunch and supper roll around too and has figured out the fridge is full of yummy treats. Penelope is getting twice weekly medicated baths and likes being clean and smelling good. She is so very sweet and loves affection. She will hold her little paw up for some love. This tiny girl will be so much fun once she is able to be out of the crate and see how wonderful life will be for her.
7/3/16 Update: Penelope is still a shy girl. She loves affection and likes to be touched, but she is unsure about what goes on outside her room and crate. She is on crate rest for another week because of heartworm treatment. Once she is able to roam freely, I hope she becomes more confident that she is in a safe place. Penelope does not like the outside and must be encouraged to go out. Once she does her business, she canā€™t get in the house fast enough. She loves her three meals a day and is not food aggressive though I watch all of mine at mealtime as they like to inspect each otherā€™s bowls. She needs a skin and eye followup once she is off crate rest, but the skin just takes time to heal. She is very wrinkly, so she is bathed twice a week and gets wrinkle cleaning twice daily. She is not really interested in toys, so I donā€™t think she ever had them. She is ready to be pampered and has already told me she must have the peacock pattern leash, collar and harness from Hollywood Feed. Some girl shopping is in order once her neck is healed.

Wanna Adopt?

Please view the adoption process and fill out an application at their website ---> dfwbulldogrescue.org

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Lone Star

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News! :up:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.