JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Harper3-707x435.jpg

Please welcome Harper to the Lone Star Bulldog Club Rescue family.
Harper is 5 years old and was found wandering through a neighborhood by Wendy, a foster parent for Lone Star Dog Ranch. Wendy went door-to-door with Harper, looking to reunite her with her family. A neighbor directed Wendy to a home where Bulldogs were said to live. When Wendy got there, the homeowner said he didnā€™t want the dog back. He said he had bred her once and she had had four babies via c-section. He then bred her again and she free-whelped (ugh!) 8 babies. He said was done breeding ā€œthis oneā€ because he and his friend had bought 5 females at an auction. Wendy stood and listened, stunned, as he described every detail about ā€œmaking money on selling Bulldog puppies.ā€
Well, sirā€¦ We feel ā€œthis oneā€ deserves a much better life ~ one that will be filled with love and compassion, instead of greed and abandonment. Harper, thereā€™s no looking back now. Weā€™ve got this!
4/20/16 Update: Hi friends!! Iā€™m harper. I am just addicted to LOVE. As soon as I see you walking toward me, my wrinkly booty canā€™t help but start wagging as fast as I can possibly make it wag. I want nothing but to get all of your love. I am very playful and love to hop around, but most importantly, I LOVE to snuggle next to my human family!
5/15/16 Update: She may be ā€œthe queen of meanā€ when it comes to other dogs, but Harper has won me over. Harper and I spend a lot time outside in the garden and she is the best helper. Harper stays right beside me and never wanders far. She walks with a odd gait because her legs are bowed, but Harper is a great, funny Bulldog. She will work well with any fur-free family that does not crate because she is a barker, if crated. She is 100 percent potty trained.

5/22/16 Update: The Queen of Mean keeps that title again this week. Harper is not tolerant of anything with fur. At around 40lbs and physically unfit due to a caged life, Harper seeks out a good fight. But oh what a fun girl !!! Harper loves, loves, loves people. And Harper loves car rides, and she loves any attention. Harperā€™s perfect family will love her to death !!! I love Harper myself.

Wanna Adopt?

Please view the adoption process and fill out an application at their website ---> dfwbulldogrescue.org

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Lone Star

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News! :up:

Members online

No members online now.