JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Grady2-1-707x392.jpg

Welcome our latest new pup, Grady. He is an owner surrender and has a raspy breathing problem and perhaps some other health issues. He also has cherry eye. He will be off to the doctor tomorrow for a check up and all necessary treatment.
2/26/16 Update: Grady had his first vet visit this morning. He has pneumonia! He has been given a new antibiotic, steroids, a bronchodilator, and he was put on oxygen for a bit. He needs some positive thoughts and prayers.
2/27/16 Update: Grady had his X-rays and, in addition to the pneumonia, he has a condition known as Tracheal Hypoplasia. His trach is the size of a pencil lead, and it should be the size of a straw. This is a condition he was born with.
I went to visit him at the clinic yesterday afternoon and he felt good enough between coughs to bite my fingers. Grady has survived this long by extending his neck at a angle to get the most air to his lungs. The clinic knows I will not let him suffer, but if he makes it through the weekend, I am going to pick him up and take him home. I do believe in miracles so please pray that he gets a miracle.
3/1/16 Update: Little Grady is still coughing and fighting pneumonia, but he is doing a little better! He is standing up and walking around in his kennel. and he is eating better. Thanks for the continued thoughts and prayers.
3/9/16 Update: Grady slept all night, but coughed several times. He spent some time in the sink this morning getting clean and helping with the dishes. He took his medicine like a champ and ate his dog food like he had never eaten before. As long as he is right beside a person he is a happy, calm dog. But if I get out of sight, he gets a little rowdy. He literally stands on your feet. He is definitely a Velcro dog!
3/13/16 Update: Growing like a weed is Grady. On Thursday, Grady was breathing louder, so I took him in to the clinic. Dr. W attributed it to it Grady’s diagnosis, but we did an X-ray for safety. It was the same, breathing was the same, Grady was the same. However, Grady is gaining weight, has a lot more energy, and doing exactly what Dr. W. said he should be doing. So in Grady’s world it’s all about eating, chewing on toes and being as cute as can be! Grady is sleeping a lot better at night and is no longer stuck like glue to me. I hate to type this, but Grady’s best friend is anyone that will stand still long enough so he can try and hump their leg.

Wanna Adopt?

Please view the adoption process and fill out an application at their website ---> dfwbulldogrescue.org

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Lone Star

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News! :up:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.