Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Martin4-707x425.jpg

Martin

Please welcome Martin to the family! Yesterday Martin joined rescue and is one cute, sweet, young hot mess. Martin was sold by a breeder to someone, that someone resold him, and that person lost him and he ended up in animal control. Best thing that ever happened to Martin. He will finally get the help he needs.
3/5/16 Update: When I met my transport today, I realized I was not prepared to see Martin… or ready to hear him cry when I touched his face. Not even a year old, Martin is the reason we work so hard to right the wrong that has been done to him by man. My heart breaks.
3/10/16 Update from his new foster mom. After several days in the clinic, Martin has finally arrived in foster care and he is so happy to be home! After a thorough examination of his new domain, he found the “bone basket,” picked out the one he wanted and then settled down on one of the living room dog beds. He then proceeded to take a two hour nap. He is very insecure and can only be pet in certain places because it hurts to be touched. He got to hang out with foster siblings Gordon and Gracie and he did well with them both.

I spent yesterday evening just trying to reassure him. He got to hear those 3 words over and over again and he returned the sentiment with a toothy smile. He went to bed and slept all night long knowing that he is finally loved.
This morning, I introduced him to foster sister, Piglet. I was totally amazed by my little snobbish Pig. She was very sweet and gave him some kisses and then started to clean his boo boos.
Marty has a long way to go. Once we get his skin cleared up, get rid of the nasty little Demodex buggies, and put some weight on him, then we will get him neutered and hopefully start the process of killing the heart worms.

Wanna Adopt?

Please view the adoption process and fill out an application at their website ---> dfwbulldogrescue.org

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Lone Star

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News! :up:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.