JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Stewart-11.png

Stewart is a 9 yr. old male that weighs 65 lbs.
Stewart joined rescue today though no fault of his own as an owner surrender. His family had a change in their work and home life causing more time alone for Stewart. It was a very difficult and tearful surrender, but they knew it was best so that Stewart could have the life he deserves. Stewart will be going to the clinic for a check-up and then will be joining his foster family.
10/4/2015 Update: At age 9 Stewart has joined the family and what a great guy Stewart is. Stewart is non confrontational and even a glance from one of the resident females at my house sends him running. Stewart knows my house is not his house. Stewart walks constantly, very restless, and is searching for something familiar. Stewart will fit in in any home with any kind of dog. Stewart loves kids and loves walking on a leash. Even though Stewart is 9 he is in great shape for a active family. Stewart will be going to the event in Rockwall on Saturday, unless he finds his family this week. Any family would be lucky to adopt him. Stewart is easy to love and easy to foster.
10/11/2015 Update: Stewart is a 65lbs. LOVE BUGā€. Being a Senior has not slowed him down, he has more energy then I do. He looks up at you with those big brown eyes and you just melt.
He is my ā€œGentle Giantā€. He has only been with me 2 days now, but he is the perfect gentleman. He came into our home ready to love everyone. Lola and Sadie are not sure about his flirting as of yet, but they like him. He is house trained and will not jump or lay on any furniture. Every chair or couch I have tried to put him on he immediately jumps out of. He is good with other dogs, cats and small children. I just love him!!!! Being a single woman itā€™s nice to have man in the house for a change. He would make anyone a wonderful furever baby.
11/8/2015 Update: Stewart is back home with me. His adoption didnā€™t work out, but he is loving being home. He loves walking around the his big yard. I donā€™t think there is a inch of this place that he hasnā€™t sniffed or peed on, but he has settled back in and is very happy to be back. His separation anxiety is gone and his marking in the house has stopped. He is a baby that always has to have time to settle in. We play ball every day. Our ball playing consists of me throwing the ball then Stewart carrying it around until he gets tired and drops it. Then it starts all over.
11/15/2015 Update: MR STEWART! Stewart has decided he will be the man of the house this week. He is barking now. After a month with me he has settled in and is going to be the protector of us girls. He has also claimed his seat in the farm truck riding shotgun and at 65lbs. this guy can really fill up a seat. He is my wingman, he takes every step I take. He loves to walk and explore. You would never know he was 9 yrs. old.

Wanna Adopt?

Please view the adoption process and fill out an application at their website ---> dfwbulldogrescue.org

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Lone Star

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News! :up:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.