JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
peony.jpg

Peony is a 4 yr. old female that weighs 42lbs.
Peony joins LSBCR as a owner surrender. She is a beautiful girl that was well taken care of her entire life. She will be going to the clinic for a check-up and to get spayed. From there she will be joining her foster family to begin her search for her new forever home. This beautiful flower should have no trouble at all, any family would be lucky to have her.
8/2/2015 Update: Peony has had her spay and joined her foster family for rest and recovery. The car ride home went well and when she arrived, she immediately ran to her crate and made herself at home. She has no problem with crates, although she prefers to have the door open, so she can come in and out as she pleases. So far, she has had no accidents in the house. Each day as she adjusts to her new surroundings, her personality emerges more. I thought she would be a picky eater, but this morning she ate all her food at once. She has started following me around the house, tries to get on the couch or my lap at every opportunity and welcomes lots of back scratchinā€™. I think this pretty little lady will be a ā€œvelcro dogā€ for sure. Peony is a bit on the chunky side but can pick up the pace when she wants too. So far, she gets along with my other dogs and hasnā€™t noticed the cat yet. Iā€™m sure there is a lot more to learn about Peony, so keep checking back!
815/2015 Update:peony is as easy going as they come and just wants to be loved. She has had a really good week and appreciates any affection she can get. Peony likes everyone and other dogs and cats, but really gets animated and all wiggly for the ladies. Loud noises (garage door opening) startle her until she understands they wonā€™t hurt her. She will bark to let you know she needs to go outside to take care of business. Pretty Peony loves snuggling on the couch and receiving treats. She doesnā€™t care much for toys but I suspect she doesnā€™t know what to do with them yet. Now that Peony is finished with having puppies, she is working on getting her girlish figure back and has lost 1.5 lbs already. Peony is always ready for a car ride and I believe will enjoy walks as soon as the weather allows. She went with her foster mom to the pet store the other day and was the perfect shopping companion.
8/30/2015 Update: Pretty Peony had a wonderful week and attended her first event since joining LSBCR as one of the Top Ten. She had a fabulous time working the room moving from one person to the next to introduce herself and get her fair share of the attention. She was the perfect lady and got along great with everyone, dogs and humans alike. She met some really nice young people that she loved and some older ones as well. At one point, she was giving out kisses and showing off her cute wiggly butt. Peony was very gentle and patient, but if she felt like someone didnā€™t notice her, she would tap them on the leg with her paw as if to say ā€œExcuse me, look down here. Iā€™m Peony and I need my back scratched.ā€ Peony had so much fun that she wore herself out and slept all the way home. She canā€™t wait until the next event!
9/12/2015 Update: Peony had another good week in her foster home. She is so easy going and loving and waiting very patiently for her forever home. Her foster mom thinks she is nearly perfect. She is quiet and calm and gets along well with everyone she meets. Peony will be a wonderful companion for snuggling on the couch, supervising you while you work around the house or taking in the sunshine while you do yardwork. She also enjoys walks, rides in the car and shopping. She loves to do it all and would love to meet you too.

Wanna Adopt?

Please view the adoption process and fill out an application at their website ---> dfwbulldogrescue.org

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Lone Star

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News! :up:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.