JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Sausage - Lonestar.jpg

Hi! My name is JD. Itā€™s the name my foster dad gave to me on my way to their home. My foster parents explained to me that the name Sausage was not an appropriate name for a bulldog. Actually my full name is Jimmy Dean, but JD fits me. Iā€™m a handsome 2yr old, 60 lb, long legged guy & full of energy. I am on meds for ear & eye infections & my ears are much better, but my eyes will need to be looked at again by the vet.
Even though Iā€™m only a youngster my life has been a rough one. I donā€™t remember what happened before I was put in a shelter, but I do remember thinking how excited I was when a college guy adopted me. But thatā€™s when my life of hunger, torment, & abuse began. One of the things Mr. College boy thought was funny was to take me out of his tiny apartment on a leash to go potty & when I was doing my business he would push me over & laugh. It wasnā€™t funny to me & it made me really scared to go potty on a leash. Thatā€™s okay though because my foster mom says I can go to a furever home that has a yard for me to do my business in privacy. He also thought it was funny to make me starve. There was times I wouldnā€™t eat for over a week. But lucky for me there was another college guy that saw my abuse & rescued me to live with his mom & his younger siblings. I am so grateful for that family!! Even though she was a single mom & she worked & went to school she fed me & loved me. It was sad to leave that family, but there just wasnā€™t enough time for me & she told me to that I was going to a rescue home that would take care of me.
My foster mom says I have been such a good boy since I came to live with them. I am potty trained & I love my life here on their ranch. I am so easy to take care of & I love all of my foster siblings. I have 6 bulldog foster sibs & I love them all. One of the older male bulldogs doesnā€™t like me. He tried to make me fight with him, but I wouldnā€™t. Itā€™s okay though my foster mom says he is really grumpy & she wonā€™t ever let him near me again. I love toys & will run around the house with one in my mouth. I will also take toys away from the others if I can and then run & hide them under the bed. Oh and speaking of beds thatā€™s where I sleep. In the bed with my foster parents. I love it there.
Even though I like kids my foster mom says itā€™s best I donā€™t go to a family with kids because Iā€™m so young & so lively. I need lots of love & attention because I can be really rough when I play, but we are working on my excitement manners. I will also need a playmate. One thatā€™s not old & grouchy & bossy. And did I mention I will need a lot of toys?
JD is neutered, up to date on immunizations and on heart worm preventative. His adoption fee is $500.

Wanna Adopt?

Please view the adoption process and fill out an application at their website ---> dfwbulldogrescue.org

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Lone Star

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News! :up:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.