I HAVE BEEN ADOPTED! ~Gussie~Special Needs Bulldog Mix Available for Adoption in Tennessee

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
gussie.jpg

This sweet old gal is Gussie. She was found by a Good Samaritan wandering along I-75. She is probably about 10 years old. Blood work indicated that she is Heartworm positive and has a UTL. We are treating her for the UTI and will start her on Heartguard (slow kill method for HW). She will need to be carried outside for potty because she has a weakness in her back legs and really does not want to walk. She does potty outside but has some accidents in her crate at the vet’s.
We are looking for a hospice home to give her some quality of life and to know love and tender care for the time she has remaining. Hospice care involves taking care of her on a daily basis: meds and providing food and shelter and love. SMBCR will provide any vet care that she needs and be with her when it is time for her to cross over. If this is something that you think you would be able to do please contact Mari DeCuir ([email protected]).

View attachment 80124

Wanna Adopt?

Please view the adoption process and fill out an application at their website ---> smbcarn.org

To view more available English Bulldogs from this rescue, click this link ---> Smokey Mountains Bulldog Rescue

Please let them know you found them on English Bulldog News!
:up:[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
It breaks my heart that I can't take her. I already have 7 dogs here,and having arthritis, I could not carry her.I pray that someone will be able to love her,and give her a home.

OP
MamaAndi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
This sweet gal is Gussie. She was found by a Good Samaritan wandering along I-75. When we got her in August she was in such bad shape that we thought she was very old and near death. NOT TRUE. After rest, good food and care she has made an amazing recovery. We thought she could not walk and would have to be carried. She is walking just fine and so strong that she is pulling on her lead. A re estimate of her age puts her at about five or six years old. Blood work indicated that she is Heartworm positive and had a UTI. She also had several seizures and has been started on seizure medication. She was treated for the UTI and stared on Heartguard (slow kill method for HW). She is house broken, spayed, and crate trained. She would be a quiet, gentle companion. ( We have yet to hear her bark). She was presented to us as an English Bulldog but she is definitely a Bulldog mix, more mix than Bulldog but we still want to find a good home for her. If you think you might be interested in adopting her make sure you have filled out our application ( see first post on this page) and please contact Mari DeCuir ([email protected]).

- - - Updated - - -

gussie.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online