Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Our problem seems to mainly be in the morning, early "east coast coffee time". I believe this is because too many people are trying to hit the site at the same time.

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] - you are right. I'm a West Coaster - but up EARLY - so on between 7am - 8am EST. That makes a bunch of sense. Add'l good news is that I can continue to plug away on this relic of a computer. Yay!

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Im finding it the same thru out the day....
Its not really slow.... but not as fast as I've seen it go....

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Well...after MUCH experimentation, I've concluded that if I get up any later than 5AM Pacific Standard Time, posting in the AM here is impossible for me because of how slow it is - and lately, I've been sleeping in for whatever reason. ha ha It's probably my computer....it's really time for a new one....

L

Lucy-licious

We do seem to get occasional blips where speeds are impossibly slow maybe for a couple of days then...just like magic it all gets better again :)

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Good news: there is nothing wrong with this forum! Since the new computer came home yesterday, THIS FORUM IS ROCKING FAST! I know. It's only 4am PST - the true test will be in about an hour or so - but I'm convinced: it was ME. Not the forum. Fair warning: Ya'll are gonna be seeing me a lot more now! This is amazing! :excited: It's so fast, I'm getting dizzy.

H

heff101

Our problem seems to mainly be in the morning, early "east coast coffee time". I believe this is because too many people are trying to hit the site at the same time.

Your problem comes down to your host server.
It just took over 1 min for this page to load for me and I have Extreme High Speed!
If I was the site owner I would not accept this kind of service from the host. You pay for a good product you expect fast servers.
Personally I would be looking for a new host server.
What you are paying for here is unacceptable.
Not being rude just telling you there are other options out there for you.
There should never be slower times of the day with a good server provider. A good provider knows the peak times and how to adjust for them.

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1935]heff101[/MENTION] - you make a good point actually. While my computer is certainly faster now - beings that it's new and all - but during "peak time", I don't stay logged in very long because of the wait. It's about 6 thirty Pacific Standard Time and it took 45 seconds for this thread to load. Not complaining - just stating the facts. Fortunately for me, I'm unemployed so I can sit here all day and wait for a thread to load if I need to. :lmao:<== adding one of those this time of the day, takes another thirty seconds. FYI.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Go Daddy is the host. Lisa has been talking to them but unfortunately it hasn't improved. I think that she is prepaid for several more months.
Im just glad that she puts as much time and effort into the site that she does to give us bully whackos. a place to go. Remember this is not a company thing, it is her private website and she pays the bills too. I'm sure she will be looking at options when it comes time to renew.

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Go Daddy is the host. Lisa has been talking to them but unfortunately it hasn't improved. I think that she is prepaid for several more months.
Im just glad that she puts as much time and effort into the site that she does to give us bully whackos. a place to go. Remember this is not a company thing, it is her private website and she pays the bills too. I'm sure she will be looking at options when it comes time to renew.

I'm also appreciative.
Doesn't the subscription fees make this self supporting?

Suzy2

Apr 24, 2011
Accrington Northern England
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter & Winston
Me too! I have a new fast windows computer, its also slow on my Ipad. Been getting really frustrated try ing upload photos. Glad its just not me.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I'm also appreciative.
Doesn't the subscription fees make this self supporting?

I don't think so but Ive never gotten into the $$$$ end of the site. We took a collection last fall to help pay the GoDaddy fees.

Dieselbaby

Sep 1, 2011
Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
I had this problem last week and I thought well maybe it is time for a new computer.. but then I thought this is the only site it goes really slow on.. I am sure that it is the amount of people getting their daily EB fix though :hahaha:... including myself :tease:

OP
Vicaroo1000

Vicaroo1000

Jun 23, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
I don't think so but Ive never gotten into the $$$$ end of the site. We took a collection last fall to help pay the GoDaddy fees.

Well, if it's not it certainly SHOULD BE! :luv: I've been a forum owner myself and know what a pain in the kiester it can be.

I can't imagine what I'd do without EBN now! I NEED YOU PEOPLE!:begging:PLEASE GUESTS AND VISITORS: PLEASE BUY A DANG SUBSCRIPTION!

H

heff101

My only point was sometimes go do not get what you are paying for.
I would be raising heck with Go Daddy and asking for a refund.
I did not mean to discredit anyone just saying you deserve better service for what you are paying.

Members online

No members online now.