putting post at top of posting area

luvdogz

Apr 28, 2011
What determines where your text goes on the "posting area"? This whole forum is hard to read as some posts are at the top of the area and the others are at the bottom.

I can tell they get missed sometimes by the way people respond.

How can you get the text at the top of the "box"? The boxes are huge too - too much space.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
I usually click on Forums (at the top) and then on new posts so that everything new pops up and I don't have to go through all of the different "areas".
It makes it a little easier to be able to respond to all of the new posts.

OP
L

luvdogz

Apr 28, 2011
don't think you understood my question

see how your text is at the bottom of the entire posting area? instead of near the top where it says the title of the thread?

sometimes the text shows up at the top

how does it get there?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
@luvdogz - the posts are ordered according to the time people respond. The last posts will be the ones that respond the latest ie. most current. The first post will always be the person who started the thread.

Not sure what you meant by how people respond. I'm thinking that sometimes not everyone reads everything and repeats what someone previously said.

Unless you meant why people are responding to some but not others. Nothing to it really. It's not mandatory for everyone to give a reply.

Lastly, threads are ordered according to the most current poster ie. the upmost thread will be the one that someone has last replied to. So if you'd like to 'bump' your thread to the very top, all you need to do is to add a reply to it.

Hope that helps and makes sense. =)

Last edited:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
[MENTION=2298]luvdogz[/MENTION] I see what you are saying now. It might be the browser that you are using. I use google chrome and everyone's posts are at the top of their box. The boxes are big because of all of the info on the side like the avatar, location and awards. I don't think there is a way to MAKE them appear at the top of the box. I think it might be your browser. [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] did mention that firefox was the best browser to use to make the site appear as it should. It is a free download and might help you see things better?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
It is most likely the browser you are using. I see everyones responses as they should be. Remember too, people also have signatures under their posts. Not all, but many. You can customize your view in your user profile. If you don't want to see everyones awards & such you can change the setting.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Well as always I am late getting here and this has been solved. haha I use firefox now after having used msn and this works much better for me, if that helps any.

OP
L

luvdogz

Apr 28, 2011
thanks desertsky and gatorray - i understand it more now. it could be my browser.

i'll look into the settings function for a modification of my view

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online