Not open for further replies.

Chubby

Feb 20, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
20191207_092815_20200108161241845.jpg

I took Chubby to his appointment because he needed some antibiotics for his itchy ears and agreed to get a nail trim after I was asked if I wanted to get his nails clipped by the receptionist. My appointment started at 11:30am. Due to Covid-19 I had to drop him off which I never did before. So I proceeded to look for toys for him purchase them and then came back to the waiting area to wait for my baby. I never leave him anywhere. At 1:30pm the receptionist came to me and asked if I was going to wait for Chubby they had a couple emergencies and it was going to take longer than expected. I was initially going to wait but they said they would call me back at 3:00pm so I could come pick him up. I reluctantly agreed and went home waiting for them to call me back. I did not get a call at 3:00pm as promised. I called to check on him at 3:04pm it went straight to voice mail. I then called back at 3:21pm and talked to someone who said that they were still working on him. Against my better judgement and everything being different because of the Coronavirus I agreed on waiting for a call. At 4:52pm a lady with an English accent called from a different phone number then the Banfield phone number telling me they were still working on my baby at 5:45pm. I think I was in denial about what was really going on because I never left him anywhere for this long. And I didn't question anything at all. I showed up to petsmart right before they closed went straight up to the counter to pay and get my baby. I missed him so much. They said they were getting him ready it will be a few. So of course I went to buy him another toy even though my husband said he didn't need anymore toys. I purchased my baby's toy and went back to get my baby. I got back there the receptionist handed me Chubby's medication and then asked me to go to the back room where they usually go over what treatment and when they want you to do a follow up. I went to the room and a few minutes later a vet tech came in and said I'm sorry to let you know Chubby has passed away. I instantly collapsed from disbelief. I got up and demanded to see my baby. I went to the back to see my baby and a different vet tech was doing chest compressions on my baby. Excuse my language but I asked her what the hell she was doing giving my baby chest compressions if he was already dead...once again so fucking confused. I grabbed my baby in my arms begged him to come back to me. Screamed at him to tell him I can't live without him. I screamed at the Veterinarian asking what she did that killed my baby. She proceeded to tell me while I was getting Chubby's toy she came to get me. I wasn't there to get Chubby and he died within the time I arrived to when I came back to the counter approx. 10 mins...I freaked out and said I was here you were supposed to call me. I proceeded to hug and kiss my baby begging him to come back to me. I realized I needed to call my husband. I grabbed my phone called him and screamed Chubby is dead. Come here right now...They killed Chubby. I Went back to hugging and begging Chubby to come back to me. Later, my husband and mother in law arrived demanding answers. My husband came and gave Chubby some lovin. My Mother in law demanded answers. Anyhow, they then went on to offer to pay for a necropsy and cremation. Even though they said he died 10 minutes ago. I didn't want to leave Chubby at the pet Hospital but my husband said that we needed to go. I didn't realize until thinking about it later that they were stalling because they didn't want my reaction to them telling me my baby was dead was going to cause problems with their customers. In the coming days they told us they found a place to do both crematory and necropsy then it changed to they couldn't do a necropsy but only a cremation! We explained that wasn't acceptable and so they said they'd look elsewhere. They did the same thing 3 more times until we told them we had to get one ourselves. They then magically found one & we are awaiting results. Please pray that we get Chubby's remains back soon. I have never felt pain so excruciating. My baby was a daily therapy for me. I got home from work and my evening revolved around snuzzling with my Chubby boy. As soon as I got home he would follow me around the house for the rest of the night and I didn't mind. My whole life revolved around Chubby. I woke up he was snuzzling me all night. Daddy snuzzled him all day because he works from home. I would get home from work and it would be Momma time. I literally couldn't sleep for days because my baby's snoring was my lullaby and his body was my comfort. He did everything to make me feel at ease. A true therapy doggie he eased my pain mentally and physically. Chubby gave me uncomfortable love and I am horrified that his last hours, minutes, seconds I wasn't there to console him at his time of need while he was being neglected at Banfield Pet Hospital by the staff that left him in a crate upset, worked up and desperate for attention while he was slowly dying. My heart aches knowing he was alone suffering before he passed away. I regret that I didn't ask more questions. Trust my intuition and my gut feeling. My baby died being neglected by staff at Banfield Pet Hospital...please don't put your baby in danger. Don't trust Banfield Pet Hospital. Ask questions to any Veterinarian that is treating your pet. You know him better than anyone else. I wish I would have made different decisions on that day but nothing I do will bring my beloved Chubby Valentine back to me...I'm trying to spread awareness so other pet parents don't suffer the I am currently suffering...Thank you for reading until the end...Share this with all of your friend's and family...#justiceforchubby

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=11185]Chubby[/MENTION] OMG, I was so shocked-and crying as I read this. I loved Chubby,and he was soooo cute. I am so sorry that this happened to Chubby,you and your family. There are no words that can comfort you-many us us have been through the loss, and we do know how much he meant to you. Unfortunate. you are not the only one who has had this kind of horrible experience with Petsmart/"Veterinarian. Though they always get away with these horrible outcomes.
You will see Chubby again someday-though that right now is no comfort. I will be praying for you and your family to be comforted somehow though this horrible tragedy.
We love you,Chubby,rest in peace. restinpeace.jpg

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Iā€™m typing this in tears. I went through the same thing last year bringing my little Duke to a 24/7 vet hospital n they ended up killing my Duke. Duke had anxiety but lost control of his breathing. He was fine once they put a breathing tube and all his vitals were great. They told me to come pick him up in 30mins. I got there Duke was dead. While removing the tube he wasnā€™t fully sedated and Duke must of fought n they ripped his airways. (Long story).

Not even half way reading your post Iā€™m in tears as I knew what you were going to say. This is so devastating. Absolutely no reason why Chubby pass. I am so so sorry. I donā€™t know what to say as itā€™s so disappointing having nowadays Vetā€™s hiding their errors n our dogs ends up dead. I wish I can be there with you and give you a big hug. I so know what youā€™re going through. So so sorry... :assurred:

80EA62F5-EDD2-48D4-AE5A-D4211C5107E0.jpeg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So horrific.... sending prayers for you and your family. Chubby was a handsome and wonderful bully boy.

Rest In Peace sweet boy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online