JUMPING on people

Miniequine

Jun 4, 2018
Altoona, FL
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy and Bella
I have a 4 year old male rescue that is usually pretty obedient,however, at times he'll jump on certain people...one being my husband.
I've tried multiple 'remedies' from shaking an aluminum can with stones in it, rising a knee as he jumps, clapping and yelling NO... Initially,with results then, next time, he'll continue to revert back to jumping.
Anyone have any suggestions?(I've had stubborn minded dogs before,but not such as this).

Thanks.
Rosemary

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Louie is the same way. I have to use a pinch collar on him when people come over. After he calms down, I’m able to take it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I have a 4 year old male rescue that is usually pretty obedient,however, at times he'll jump on certain people...one being my husband.
I've tried multiple 'remedies' from shaking an aluminum can with stones in it, rising a knee as he jumps, clapping and yelling NO... Initially,with results then, next time, he'll continue to revert back to jumping.
Anyone have any suggestions?(I've had stubborn minded dogs before,but not such as this).

Thanks.
Rosemary

I have a question, does your husband accepts once in a while letting him jump on him so he can pet or say hello or play?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Thanks.
Rosemary

Place him on leash and stand on the leash so he cannot jump or tether him to a door/railing in the home and do not release till he is calm

OP
M

Miniequine

Jun 4, 2018
Altoona, FL
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy and Bella
Place him on leash and stand on the leash so he cannot jump or tether him to a door/railing in the home and do not release till he is calm

Thanks. We have tried putting him in his crate,but not this.Will give it a try a let you know how it works.
Rosemary

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks. We have tried putting him in his crate,but not this.Will give it a try a let you know how it works.
Rosemary

Be sure to use a harness... and the guest or person he is trying to jump on should ignore him while tethered.... it worked well with our girl, but took a couple weeks of training

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online