Suggestions for harness with a handle & coat

katcando2

Jan 2, 2019
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mazie May
Hello- new English bulldog puppy mom here! Id like to buy a harness that has a handle on top. Can anyone recommend a good one? As well as a good bulldog coat manufacturer? Ive done the internet searches but thought you guys could narrow it down for me.
thank you

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
I have not got any answers, just a few thoughts! Castor has never had harnesses with a handle, but if you've got a young puppy, you might like to wait with an expensive harness until she is a year or so. I suppose a handle is only needed when the dog is big and heavy?

My priority is that the harness is easy to put on and that Castor likes it. We use the Hurtta padded Y harness which is really easy to put on and it appears to be comfortable too. When needed, we can lift Castor in it.

It's difficult to find a coat that fits a bulldog body! We only use a coat when it's raining or really cold, and after five years we finally found one that actually fits, but then we haven't been looking for bulldog coats but just checked ordinary dog coats in a pet shop. Short and wide is what you need to look for. If it is too long, it hangs down over the dog's butt and you need to clean the coat ever so often!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree w/the gang... keep it cheap until she gets older. Most people use the Julius K-9 Harnesses for bulldogs, they are easy on/off and they seem to work w/their body shapes.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.