JUST REALIZED MY COOKIE HAS A PIMPLE THATS RED BETWEEN HER TOES.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Can you post a photo?

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Sounds like an interdigital cyst (furunculosis). Castor has had problems with that but daily cleaning with chlorhexidine has helped tremendously. A few months ago, he had several red cysts between his toes but they are all gone. We washed his feet and legs a few times per week with a chlorhexidine shampoo (leave in and rinse after 10 minutes). I then applied some zinc oxide. He was fine within a week and since then we use douxo wipes (also chlorhexidine) after every walk. They are expensive and I've tried diluted chlorhexidine on a cotton pad, but the douxo pads have actually been much more efficient for Castor's feet so we'll stick to them.

Interdigital cysts are sometimes allergy related but they can also be the result of some foreign body being stuch in the foot or a hair growing in the wrong direction. In the latter case, I've heard they sometimes operate so if this is the first time Cookies gets one of these, you might like to take her to the vet to have it checked out.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Dogs can have it from time to time. If itā€™s small and just starting, usually hot Epsom salt baths will help. But sometimes I noticed them too late when they already big and rotten. If it is really ready to pop, you can almost see actually white tip, so I took an injection needle, or even sewing needle will work, sanitized it with alcohol, sanitised pimple with alcohol, and just poked it. Then some pus comes out. Sanitise again. In couple of days it will heal without any problem. Itā€™s better if someone will hold a dog and you just hold her paw and do surgery.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Can it be that I changed her food from orijen to zignature?

Could be either... which Zingnature are you feeding? Could be grass, weeds... are you give a probiotic?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
You can also put an antibiotic ointment like Neosporin,Polysporin triple, Nu-Stock on the cyst after washing with a chlorhexidine/ketoconazole shampoo.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Can it be that I changed her food from orijen to zignature?

I doubt itā€™s the food as you have 2 quality kibbles. Why did you change food if all was good? Duke my white face gets them once in a while and heā€™s on raw. I started to wipe down his paws and itā€™s much better... gets them a lot less. We need a photo as often they are just little growth which most arenā€™t harmful.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
yep, same as some others.... Hank gets them if i dont make sure to keep inner under toes clean.... they get that black gunk quickly if not clean and out pops the bump.

OP
L

Lucyciocia

Aug 19, 2016
Brooklyn ny
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Cookie
My cookie has developed a rash on her tummy. Any recommendations on what i can apply?

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Is a photo possible?
For a simple reddish skin irritation we use Betagen or Genisis...both by scrip.
However, it's helpful to know what's causing it. Allergy, bacteria, abrasion, insect, etc.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
My cookie has developed a rash on her tummy. Any recommendations on what i can apply?

Is a photo possible?
For a simple reddish skin irritation we use Betagen or Genisis...both by scrip.
However, it's helpful to know what's causing it. Allergy, bacteria, abrasion, insect, etc.

Yes.. picture please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.