Slacy517

Sep 11, 2016
Pike Road, AL
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Hi everyone,
My bulldogs ears here lately have been dry and crusty inside. No matter what I do it comes right back and sheā€™s so uncomfortable. I have done cleaning solutions, I have tried a little bit of Vaseline to try to moisturize. But yet no success any ideas? Any help is appreciated.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi everyone,
My bulldogs ears here lately have been dry and crusty inside. No matter what I do it comes right back and sheā€™s so uncomfortable. I have done cleaning solutions, I have tried a little bit of Vaseline to try to moisturize. But yet no success any ideas? Any help is appreciated.

On a cotton swab, add 4drops of fractionated coconut oil and 2drops of lavender. Swipe inside but NOT the inner canal. Oil will work inside on itā€™s own.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Iā€™m not sure about dryness but I normally use Zymox ear cleaner for my guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi everyone,

Interesting that they are dry... what food do you feed? any other skins issues that you've noticed?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Dry crusty ears can be due to allergy. You might change food, and make sure she is eating grain free. Adding fish oil can help skin, if it is not allergy. Also Helene's suggestion.

OP
Slacy517

Slacy517

Sep 11, 2016
Pike Road, AL
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Not seen any other skin issues. I feed her pure balance and sheā€™s been on it for over 2 years

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Not seen any other skin issues. I feed her pure balance and sheā€™s been on it for over 2 years

Idk but now that you mentioned the food, this brand has a lot of peas, dry peas, pea meals......one problem peas ā€œcanā€ do is chronic skin, foot n ears infections. I would just try another brand like Acana the one protein bag and see what happens. Bare in mind, a dog been doing 2yrs on same food dont mean they wonā€™t develop allergies. But definitely I would do the cotton swab mix. Just a thought. Hereā€™s a link on peas....

https://www.planetpaws.ca/2015/07/05/the-pea-problem-in-pet-food/

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online