Whay can't I "share"?

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I always see a post I would love to share via Facebook, but for some reason when I hit the "share" button, Facebook does not come up as an option. Any one know why this is?

L

Lucy-licious

I definately dont know, I have trouble enough with the facebook connect, I have to log out of facebook now before I come on EBN cos I cant get on the community page otherwise :(

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Do you mean the facebook like button at the top of a thread ... It seems to work for me ok.

OP
B

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
No the Share button, down at the lower right, next the post Like button. :confused:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That particular modification only came with those 4. However, you can share by hitting the Like button at the top of a thread, or scroll down lower and you can share on numerous sites under the "Bookmarks" section. :up:

Even if we add the facebook to the share section, it is actually sharing the URL, not the single post. The only time a single post is shared is if you check the Publish to Facebook box next to replying to posts. (and you must be facebook connected).

[MENTION=1648]Lucylambchop[/MENTION] that is odd behavior, I don't know why that would be the case? Community news works fine for me with being connected. Another user told me the page comes up blank if they were logged into the site.... maybe that was [MENTION=657]mom2bullies[/MENTION] ?.... the only suggestion I would have is to use mozilla firefox for your web browser and see if that makes a difference, otherwise it could be anything or any type of addon that is in your computer specifically that is causing a conflict.

OP
B

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Well then that explains it, I saw them posted on Facebook and was bummed I couldn't do it. I didn't realize that the "like" at the top worked. Thanks for explaining that.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yeah I have tried too but then I have figured out that copying the url code to what I want to share works just fine also on fb.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Also [MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] when you hit the like button a box will appear with the option to type in something about it. And so does the bookmarks :up:

L

Lucy-licious

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] We have been using firefox for a browser for some time now :) its 100% better than any other. Its no bother logging out of facebook as these days I only go on it for a quick check on friends anyway. Its just some stupid clash thats all, probably facebook protesting cos EBN is better and I no longer use it much :lol:

cadillactaste

Feb 28, 2011
OHIO
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Sarge
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION]
Do you mean the facebook like button at the top of a thread ... It seems to work for me ok.

Oh...that is how one of the posts ended up on my FB page...I assumed the "like" button was moved. [Lack of sleep didn't help me concentrate I would imagine] That explains a lot! Thus...why I came to read this post topic...:idea: I am no longer in the dark...

Members online

No members online now.