Opinion - using nosodes instead of vaccines?

BigTino

Feb 19, 2018
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Tino
As the thread title suggests, just looking at what peopleā€™s views are on treating your dog with nosodes instead of vaccines?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
From what I have read, nosodes have NOT been proven to prevent disease. Children receiving them should still get immunizations. Personally, I would still want my dogs to have regular shots. Too risky as far as I am concerned....just my opinion.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
uuuuuu............what are nosodes?

"Homeopathic nosodes are just homeopathic remedies," he explained. "They're prepared the same way. They have the same dilutions. The difference is their origin. The original substance is either material from a disease process, or material from the blood of a sick animal (or person, if it's a human nosode)."

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
If you were to use these instead of vaccines, would they be recognized by law.
where I live we've already had several reports of rabid wildlife ie: skunks, this year, that have been in contact with pets.
will they recognize the Nosode as a vaccine for rabies, or would they just automatically euthanize your pet?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
If you were to use these instead of vaccines, would they be recognized by law.
where I live we've already had several reports of rabid wildlife ie: skunks, this year, that have been in contact with pets.
will they recognize the Nosode as a vaccine for rabies, or would they just automatically euthanize your pet?

I donā€™t know the laws in the US. Iā€™m pretty sure each state is different like in Canada each province is different. First of all I have never heard anyone euthanize any pet without talking to the owner. Here in Alberta we have the Rockies and of course wildlife comes with it. Example it is not mandatory to give the rabies vaccine as rabies is very low here. On the other hand in Ontario they will enforce it. There is always a titers blood test that you can do. See link attached.

Titer Testing Your Dog: Are You Wasting Your Money? - Dogs Naturally Magazine

I would definitely call or research on the government site n NOT the Vets or Vets school. You need to look up your state.

This is such a personal decision if you want to give vaccines or not. I personally donā€™t believe in them but thatā€™s me!!! I would never tell anyone NOT to give routine vaccines. My personal issue with them is many years ago vaccines wasnā€™t given to our pets like today. People back when wouldnā€™t spend money like they do nowadays. And you know what, pets lived much longer even with leftover scraps from the dinner table. Today, pets gets vaccines, kibbles fit for cows, pampering and all and the average lifespan... is like 8-10yrs old. When I was a kid (not to long ago :D) lifespan was like 12-16yrs old. Makes you think. Nyala n Duke did get their shots as babies, so did my Dobermans n my GS. But that was it. So again this is my personal opinion and decision. Some members wonā€™t agree and itā€™s all good. I get it n itā€™s fine. Members are free to do whatever they feel is best for their pets.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I would contact the Georgia Dept of Public Health for questions such as these. If they can't answer maybe they can steer you in the right direction.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Some vaccines use thiomersal (ethylmercury ) as a preservative, but thiomersal breaks down quickly in the body compared to the methylmercury you ingest when you eat fish such as swordfish,shark or tuna. But I still think vaccines are a necessary evil that should be minimized, so I wouldn't vaccinate dogs more than required. Here is the newest holistic guidelines:
Core and Rabies vaccine: once at 16 weeks and check titres 3 weeks after. If good, dog is likely protected for life.
If your state or province requires rabies vaccinations: 1 dose after 12 weeks of age or older, 2nd dose 1 year later, then every 3 years

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
I completely agree with you on the concept
But here in Georgia, it's a very serious matter.
If I felt I could get away with not vaccinating, I would.
Same with my taking the the flu vac.
If I didn't have to, I would defiantly NOT.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I completely agree with you on the concept
But here in Georgia, it's a very serious matter.
If I felt I could get away with not vaccinating, I would.
Same with my taking the the flu vac.
If I didn't have to, I would defiantly NOT.

Whoa....flu shot? That is not a law forcing people to take it. Against peopleā€™s right. I doubt it a law even in the US.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Whoa....flu shot? That is not a law forcing people to take it. Against peopleā€™s right. I doubt it a law even in the US.

Employers can pressure you to take the flu shot, eg. you have to take tamiflu if you work in a hospital and there's an outbreak on your floor, or you won't get sick leave if you didn't get flu shot and you got the flu

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Employers can pressure you to take the flu shot, eg. you have to take tamiflu if you work in a hospital and there's an outbreak on your floor, or you won't get sick leave if you didn't get flu shot and you got the flu

Where in the US or Canada? They wanted to enforce it here in Alberta but that went out the window fast. There are some hospitals in Ontario like you mentioned but they want you to wear a mask if yo didnā€™t get the shot. Itā€™s being debated at with the nurseā€™s union. Doubt itā€™s going to pass. Canada said they had no intention passing this law.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Where in the US or Canada? They wanted to enforce it here in Alberta but that went out the window fast. There are some hospitals in Ontario like you mentioned but they want you to wear a mask if yo didnā€™t get the shot. Itā€™s being debated at with the nurseā€™s union. Doubt itā€™s going to pass. Canada said they had no intention passing this law.

I'm pretty sure that's what the hospital employees in Ontario are facing.

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
Where i work we are given NO option

Won't\cant elaborate on this subject because for fear of recrimination

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online