Taking puppy out

Arturo09

Oct 21, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
Hi everyone. I'm new to having a English bulldog. He is 4 months now. Has had his recommend shots. Has anyone felt safe on taking there dog out at this age? Thanks

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Once he has had all his recommended shots, including rabies,he should be fine. I personally would not go to dog parks,where dog status is unknown.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
agree with the above... It's so hard if you dont have a playmate near to let them 'socialize' :( but not real fond of many of the dog parks... Some i still like :)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
4 months is young. Start going around the block as we say n build up the walk slowly. Im not a big park fan either. Had too many issues n Nyala got worms. I let people pet them while im walking or go up to friendly dogs. But parks...out of the question. But that's me.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Critical socialization age... sign up for a puppy class at Petsmart, Petco -- just to help socialize. Sort walks around your neighborhood to get used to sounds and sights.

Agree with the gang.. dog parks are usually trouble due to owners not watching their dogs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
A

Arturo09

Oct 21, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
Alright, thank you all for the responses. I'll soon take him out for some socialization

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.