2 male Bulleys from same litter

Fleebers

Jul 2, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Thor and Bentley
We recently adopted another male Bulley from the same litter. They are both 2 now and one (our original) is being quite aggressive to our newest family member. He is usually very sweet and we are concerned and hoping for some advice as how to handle these two brothers. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm going to tag some members that have experience w/having two male bulldogs or siblings...

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
How long has it been since you've brought the second male home? I have a 4 year old male French Bulldog and in May I brought home an 11 week old EBD who is now 4 months old. It took just over 3 weeks for my Frenchie to even be near Louie. They play sometimes but the Frenchie still gets annoyed by Louie at times.

Are your boys neutered? That might be an issue if not. Also, with two males you have to make sure YOU are the alpha in the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We recently adopted another male Bulley from the same litter. They are both 2 now and one (our original) is being quite aggressive to our newest family member. He is usually very sweet and we are concerned and hoping for some advice as how to handle these two brothers. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Before you brought new guy into home... how did you introduce them? Go for walks, two humans and have dogs on outside then each day as they begin to connect due dog/human/dog/human.... in the house you must establish alpha and make sure they know you are boss... nothing in life is free will help with this.

Can you give more information on each personality and any specific issues taking place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue Peggy(soon to be placed)
Need a lot more info to make even a poor assessment of this situation. It's important for us to know:

Are they neutered?
Your dog's social skills
New dog's social skills
How have you managed the new dog's entry into the home?
New dog allowed on furniture? Your dog allowed on furniture?
What signs do you see before the aggression starts?
Does the new dog cower or stand up to the aggression?
How were they first introduced?
How was the new dog managed before he came to you?
Who is the alpha in your home?
Are they crated?
I'll probably have more questions after these have been answered...but this is a good start.

babyishcare

Jul 18, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
tommy
I am amazed any responsible breeder would allow you to buy two from the same litter it is notoriously bad thing to do. If you think they fight now wait for them to become sexually mature and you will be having to keep them separate as it is almost guaranteed to escalate to real violence.The male and female dogs were the same. However, the girl, as an adult, was top dog and a bully and that was a genuine problem we had to solve.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.