Bulldogs available for adoption section...

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Thanks for the tips. I just heard back from them and they said that Alvin is way too interested in cats and probably wouldn't make a good match for us. [emoji79]

I hate when they say that stuff...honestly, ALL of my bulldogs have been interested in cats. But cats are fast and can jump, and bulldogs can't! Plus all of mine were good buddies after they warmed up! I think smart introductions are the key but eh, keep looking!

OP
megdav

megdav

Jan 26, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
I hate when they say that stuff...honestly, ALL of my bulldogs have been interested in cats. But cats are fast and can jump, and bulldogs can't! Plus all of mine were good buddies after they warmed up! I think smart introductions are the key but eh, keep looking!

Yah, but my cat is 18.5 years old lol - she ain't goin nowhere too fast lol

I do understand what you are saying though. A younger cat might be fine.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Yah, but my cat is 18.5 years old lol - she ain't goin nowhere too fast lol

I do understand what you are saying though. A younger cat might be fine.

I bet your kitty would rule the roost! When Truman was a puppy, we had a 14 year old male orange tabby and a newly acquired 10 year old female orange tabby...we were a retirement home for orange cats! :D Anyway, I was so worried that he'd be to rambunctious and they'd hide. Well the male did for a bit but our female, who is still with us, gave Truman a few well placed, claw-free, whacks every time he stepped out of line and boy, he learned fast about who was boss.

It was the same with our first bulldog, Bentley. We had a little 8 pound gray tabby who literally backed Bentley up into a corner so he could check out the dog's food bowl.

Bulldogs are so funny. They're big and strong but just like big toddlers! :D

Now my Linus, who was 80 lbs of love, he liked to play with the cats. At first it scared me but I'm not sure I lived until I saw an 80 lbs dog playing with a 6 lb cat.

I'm rambling...many fond memories of our animals together. I've had to pare down since we have two little kids now so we just have one dog and one cat.

OP
megdav

megdav

Jan 26, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
I bet your kitty would rule the roost! When Truman was a puppy, we had a 14 year old male orange tabby and a newly acquired 10 year old female orange tabby...we were a retirement home for orange cats! :D Anyway, I was so worried that he'd be to rambunctious and they'd hide. Well the male did for a bit but our female, who is still with us, gave Truman a few well placed, claw-free, whacks every time he stepped out of line and boy, he learned fast about who was boss.

It was the same with our first bulldog, Bentley. We had a little 8 pound gray tabby who literally backed Bentley up into a corner so he could check out the dog's food bowl.

Bulldogs are so funny. They're big and strong but just like big toddlers! :D

Now my Linus, who was 80 lbs of love, he liked to play with the cats. At first it scared me but I'm not sure I lived until I saw an 80 lbs dog playing with a 6 lb cat.

I'm rambling...many fond memories of our animals together. I've had to pare down since we have two little kids now so we just have one dog and one cat.

HA great stories!! I love the "retirement home for orange cats" lol I bet you are right actually, my girl Zoe is a tough ole gal :D

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.