Bulldogs available for adoption section...

megdav

Jan 26, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Does anyone know if there are any states listed in the "available for adoption" section that will adopt out of their state? I know you can click on ea state, but I thought I'd shoot this out there first before doing that lol

Meg

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Each rescue has their own rules and some will adopt out of state and others won't. I don't know which ones would so you would have to reach out to each one to find out.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I volunteer for Socal so they do occasionally adopt to Tucson, not sure about Phoenix but possibly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
BUMPER out of New York will sometimes adopt out of state

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
I always keep a eye on this also but I am in Canada , we seem to have few Bully rescues here I wondered if they would allow cross boarder adoption, guess the only way to know would be contact them directly , if I am going to risk not having My 30th anniversary next year I prefer a rescue bully I think .

OP
megdav

megdav

Jan 26, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
I volunteer for Socal so they do occasionally adopt to Tucson, not sure about Phoenix but possibly!

Hi Lisa! I was looking at the Socal list of bulldogs for adoption. What do I do if I'm interested in one (or two or ten)? I figure if I fill out an application, they'll reject it right off since I'm in AZ...you can PM me if you want...

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes you do have to fill out an application, they will look and if you qualify they will contact you and schedule a home check. They may have volunteers up in Phoenix too, I'm not sure.... You can also contact them from their website to ask. [emoji8]. They are pretty good at staying in touch with applicants.

OP
megdav

megdav

Jan 26, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Yes you do have to fill out an application, they will look and if you qualify they will contact you and schedule a home check. They may have volunteers up in Phoenix too, I'm not sure.... You can also contact them from their website to ask. [emoji8]. They are pretty good at staying in touch with applicants.

are you SURE they will consider this? am i on the right website for socal? ( Welcome to Southern California Bulldog Rescue - Southern California Bulldog Rescue ) It's plastered all over their website not to even ask lol

"Rescue Bulldogs in Southern California will only be adopted in Southern California.

No out of state adoptions. No exceptions.

There are no exceptions, please do not ask."

I just don't want to annoy them :no:

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
are you SURE they will consider this? am i on the right website for socal? ( Welcome to Southern California Bulldog Rescue - Southern California Bulldog Rescue ) It's plastered all over their website not to even ask lol

"Rescue Bulldogs in Southern California will only be adopted in Southern California.

No out of state adoptions. No exceptions.

There are no exceptions, please do not ask."

I just don't want to annoy them :no:

Tell them you know Lisa and are a member of EBN. She does a lot for the rescue with this site and personally!

Also, recently, there has been a sad overabundance of needy bulldogs in SoCal so I think they had more than they could handle at one point. I know Skip was looking for rescues in AZ to help and he basically couldn't get anyone to get back with him.

OP
megdav

megdav

Jan 26, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Tell them you know Lisa and are a member of EBN. She does a lot for the rescue with this site and personally!

Also, recently, there has been a sad overabundance of needy bulldogs in SoCal so I think they had more than they could handle at one point. I know Skip was looking for rescues in AZ to help and he basically couldn't get anyone to get back with him.

Ok! Thanks, I will.

I found this bulldog in Phx:

Dogs | Help A Dog Smile

Do you think it's ok that he has had a cherry eye repaired already and rhinoplasty? I know bulldogs have a lot of health issues of course, but is this not a good sign?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ok! Thanks, I will.

Dogs | Help A Dog Smile

Do you think it's ok that he has had a cherry eye repaired already and rhinoplasty? I know bulldogs have a lot of health issues of course, but is this not a good sign?

What a cutie... Both procedures are pretty common

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Ok! Thanks, I will.

Dogs | Help A Dog Smile

Super common stuff with bulldogs but a few things:

First, he's YOUNG so still a puppy. And bulldogs stay puppies for a LONG time, which may not be good with your son because he'll be spunky!

Second, he could still develop other health problems.

Also, they make a good point about the food. It's something to think about and something I really didn't know before I got into bulldogs. My parents always just bought dog food at the grocery store. We fed our family dog Kibbles and Bits. Fast forward to now and we spend $70 a bag on California Naturals Kangaroo and Red Lentil because our bulldog's allergies are so bad. You will see COUNTLESS threads about what to feed them!

Finally, I would ask if his eye will require medication. Some cherry eye repairs require a lifetime of eye drops to keep the eye properly moist.

That said, it's a great find in that it's a young dog for a very reasonable adoption fee. Plus in Chandler. I think it's worth it to ask about him at least!

OP
megdav

megdav

Jan 26, 2016
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Super common stuff with bulldogs but a few things:

First, he's YOUNG so still a puppy. And bulldogs stay puppies for a LONG time, which may not be good with your son because he'll be spunky!

Second, he could still develop other health problems.

Also, they make a good point about the food. It's something to think about and something I really didn't know before I got into bulldogs. My parents always just bought dog food at the grocery store. We fed our family dog Kibbles and Bits. Fast forward to now and we spend $70 a bag on California Naturals Kangaroo and Red Lentil because our bulldog's allergies are so bad. You will see COUNTLESS threads about what to feed them!

Finally, I would ask if his eye will require medication. Some cherry eye repairs require a lifetime of eye drops to keep the eye properly moist.

That said, it's a great find in that it's a young dog for a very reasonable adoption fee. Plus in Chandler. I think it's worth it to ask about him at least!
Thanks for the tips. I just heard back from them and they said that Alvin is way too interested in cats and probably wouldn't make a good match for us. [emoji79]

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.