Straining when having a bowel movement but not constipated

boo boo butts mom

Oct 18, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
boo boo butt
Since owning my girl now going on 3 years from a puppy on she has always grunted and groaned to begin her bowel movement. I have had the poo checked and had her checked always and was told to "oh add some water to her food. Now I have gone through the different types of foods ect and have settled on Fromm "pork & peas" which she does very well on trial and error but also trying to find what she can tolerate as far as what her body all around is able to accept, but her poo still seemed hard for her to have her bowel movements only at the beginning.
She is so cute when she initially begins and then fine once started. So when getting her shots ect I again mentioned this to the vet (her new one, which she has had now for over a year and half) and she as well said "oh just add some water". She has access to water all day everyday. So I got frustrated this time hearing this. I decided to go online and really do some research on this, and I come across Libby's pumpkin and how it works both for loose poo and constipation. Now I always knew it worked on loose poo but I never knew that a spoon full also does the same thing but for constipation also. Since giving her a teaspoon full she is no longer grunting to begin having her bowel movement. I know she feels so good because being able to just go outside and get it done:excited::whew:. Her poo is normal like before but she is no longer straining. I am completely estatic about this and what I found out about the libby's pumpkin and how all this time I never knew it would also help her with having a bowel movement. This was almost 1 month ago when I began this with her. So I thought I would share what my experience has been using this on her. You may all know this but wow it was new news to me. I am relieved knowing she is also relieved. Enjoy your day and god bless.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That's awesome, pumpkin is a magical gourd for our bullies :yes:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Pure pumpkin is magic for them

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Pumpkin is the great for both diarrhea and constipation, I'm so glad it's working for your Boo Boo Butt's butt.

Discover the Health Benefits of Canned Pumpkin for

Two common canine ailments are diarrhea and constipation. Did you know that canned pumpkin can offer a solution to both?

Diarrhea is more a symptom rather than a disease and is typically a sign that something is wrong with your dogā€™s digestive system. A lot of things can cause diarrhea in your dog; it may have eaten something that disagrees with its body, it may have food allergies, bacterial or viral infection or a worm infestation. It may even be due to a change in its diet.

In normal cases, diarrhea has a surprisingly simple solution: canned pumpkins. Canned pumpkin is actually pumpkin in a puree form. Pumpkins are very rich in fiber and even adding two teaspoons of canned pumpkin in you dogā€™s food helps the digestion process. Canned pumpkin has a large quantity of dietary fiber and it will also absorb the excess water present in the stool. This makes your dogā€™s stool more firm and results can be seen within a few hours. Give your small dog one and a half to two teaspoons of canned pumpkin. For a larger dog give two tablespoons instead.

Another benefit of canned pumpkin is in treating dogs for constipation. It softens your dogā€™s stool and can cure an upset stomach very quickly. This makes canned pumpkins one of the best natural remedies to your dogā€™s stomach problems.

Canned pumpkin also makes a great addition to dog treats. Just add some canned pumpkin to your favorite dog treat recipes to give Fido a healthy treat.

Canned pumpkin is low in saturated fat, sodium and cholesterol. It is also a good source of Vitamin E, Magnesium, Phosphorus and Potassium and is also a very good source of dietary fiber. Some vets even recommend canned pumpkin for weight loss in dogs. Simply substitute one-third of your dogā€™s regular food with an equivalent amount of canned pumpkin. Because it is high in fiber, canned pumpkin will make your dog fuller than it would if you just reduced their caloric intake.
You can find canned pumpkin in the baking section of most grocery stores.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.