Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hi, my name is Lisa. And I am a very, VERY bad EBN addict. I stand before you today to admit my addiction. I go by an alias.... desertskybulldogs.

I wake up in the morning and the first thing I do is check English Bulldog News. I don't post yet, because I must take care of the dogs. So I grab my iPod and start the morning routine of letting everyone out to potty. In between I am reading what has been posted since I went to bed the night before. I am eager and waiting, for the anticipation to get back in the house from doing my morning chores so I can respond to topics, share topics, ect.

When I am not at my computer cleaning or spending time with the kids and the dooogies I always have EBN in the back of my mind. I think of topics that would be fun (of course they disappear when I sit back at the computer) and I think about who is troubled, needs help, what my EBN friends are doing, what I can do to the site to make it better, what to add, move, create... I can never stop thinking about it.

Yes, it has interrupted my life. I think to myself honestly- why did I seem to have so much to do before. But as an addict I have learned to combine my home life with my "social life"..... and I know I have to because doing this, and helping others, and sharing stories and fun stuff with my bulldog pals makes me very happy inside. Especially when you see the triumphs of rescue, and someone who gets help from advice they find here.

I check the site all day, back and forth. The last thing I do before I go to bed!

So yes, I am an EBN addict. And damn proud of it!

If you are also an EBN addict, please stand up before us and tell us about your addiction. We probably cannot help you, but at least you will find you are not the only one!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Yes, I too am an addict. In fact..not only I, but also Vegas and Orion have EBN pages. Vegas is under Addicted (go figure) and Orion is under Sissy Bug. I check EBN every morning (This is if I hit the snooze button less than 4 times. If I hit it more than 4..that uses up my EBN time) I was just diagnosed today with Lateral Epicondylitis. The cause? 1) improper keyboard/mouse ergonomics. 2) Lifting up a 35 pound sleeping EB every night to haul off to bed because someone won't wake up. 3) I'm a real tough cookie and my right hook is one to watch out for.
So what do we do to treat this? 1) Find a proper computer desk for my laptop (or limit my time on it :eek:) 2) Make Orion walk up the stairs when it's bed time (which means she will now be sleeping downstairs...because she refuses to wake up) and 3) Stop kickboxing. (tonight is week 5 of skipping class)
So, I have 2 braces on my right arm and physical therapy for several weeks.

What did I do the minute I got home and found out I couldn't respond with the brace on? I removed it so I could post on EBN.:whistle:

So morning, noon and night............EBN is on my mind.

My name is Cheryl and I am an EBN addict.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
UUuummm, totally addicted!!!! LOVE all the chat and all I have learned!

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]
Ummm....I don't believe you were standing up and I didn't see your hand raised and you need to admit more than just saying you are addicted. This is serious stuff Kelly. Do it proper. :whistle:

OP
bullmama

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]
Ummm....I don't believe you were standing up and I didn't see your hand raised and you need to admit more than just saying you are addicted. This is serious stuff Kelly. Do it proper. :whistle:

lol :p

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION], I am now standing up, one hand raised in the air, the other on a bible, I swear under oath, I am an EBN addict and I hurry and get all my running/housework done so I can sit in front of my computer for hours now a days!!! :p

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I too am an ebn addict. I get on the computer first thing in the morning when I should be doing chores. Then what is supposed to be just a little bit so that I can do chores ends up being hours until I hear Sierra playing in her room. Even at that point I should go and start doing something cuz by then my time is limited but no, here I am on ebn being a nosy bee and trying to keep up with all the posts. My housework has been affected although my hubby doesnt notice I surely do. What will I do about this?!?! Probably nothing and once baby #2 comes the house will majorly suffer but that is the price we must pay right? :D

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I'm not addicted! Nope, not me. I can quit anytime I want! I just choose to be on morning, noon, and night. That housework doesnt reeeally need doing and I dont HAVE to do those other projects. ....................:cool:

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION]....that is call denial!!! First problem when someone is confronted with their addiction :p

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
OK, OK, I just may be ever so slightly obsessed with my EBN habit..... BUT you act like that is a bad thing. It's OK to be on here most the day and night; isn't it?:confused::whew: Besides, if I'm not here I might miss the latest adventure of Vegas, Orion, Chester, Mr. Beefy, or one of the other stars of the sight. And heaven knows we wouldnt want Princess Gracie to miss any of the happenings. :crazy:

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
I haven't been using this sit every long however, it has already helped with my facebook addiction, That is a good thing right? I really don't need to read 457 jersey shore comments or what everyone ate for breakfast everyday. I am trying to limit the time i spend on here, six hours a day max. I figure that way i cant become addicted.

dozersmama

Supreme Overlord of Awesomeness
Community Veteran
Dec 31, 2010
Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
???
[MENTION=410]Telly03[/MENTION] Yeah i believe that you have 494 posts!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.