Website Timeout? My Computer or Website?

PenelopeRosebud

Sep 26, 2012
Coquitlam, BC
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Rosebud & Bulldozer Bawss
Uhhhhhhgggggg! Is anyone else having this frustration or is it my own computer? So often on this site, I am logged in and take my time typing out thoughtful responses to other's posts or starting my own thread, and I go to post and I've been timed out, lost everything and must log in again. I've recently figured out I can find some of what I've lost by clicking the restore auto-save, but still it is very frustrating.

Does anyone else have this problem, or is it just me? Any help or suggestions? Does it make a difference if I log in first or if I access via twitter and log in from the link? Any way I go about it I seem to get un-logged pretty quick.

Thanks all!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hi! Do you use the "Remember me" box? This does help with timing out issue, a lot of people had this issue but in the arcade.....

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'll tag [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] ... Has this happened just recently. I've had no trouble with EBN for quite a long time now. Everything appears to be running very smoothly ... but maybe I've just been very lucky

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I don't have any problems generally. I'm wondering is at times it could be your internet provider. Is this the only Forum you visit (trying to compare it with another). I so not a computer techie though so I'd have no clue how Twitter is involved. I'll tag [MENTION=4688]Baconator[/MENTION] he may know. Looks like Lisa's responded too.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I also get a time out when I'm using IE. But Chrome stopped working for me too. Well can't post anymore when using Chrome, can still read.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Chrome can be flakey at times you aren't the only one having that issue. [MENTION=6201]PenelopeRosebud[/MENTION], I would do what desertsky suggested and check the remember me button, I used to get bumped in the arcade if it wasn't checked off. When you say you are logging in via twitter I'm not sure how you do that? I have a twitter account but I never use it

OP
PenelopeRosebud

PenelopeRosebud

Sep 26, 2012
Coquitlam, BC
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=4688]Baconator[/MENTION] I must be doing something wrong with the remember me. It seems to remember my login name but then I still have to enter my password and login each time. I'll try again on that. I don't think it makes any difference if I am already logged in, or if I access the site via twitter link. There seems to be weirdness, sometimes I need to log in again and sometimes I just get the message "English Bulldog News Not Responding" and either way I lose what I've typed, or most of it.

Thanks!

OP
PenelopeRosebud

PenelopeRosebud

Sep 26, 2012
Coquitlam, BC
Bulldog(s) Names
Thx [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] I seem to be okay if I'm just doing a quick few lines, but anything more than a few minutes and it seems to be touch and go as to whether I'll still be logged in.

OP
PenelopeRosebud

PenelopeRosebud

Sep 26, 2012
Coquitlam, BC
Bulldog(s) Names
Thx [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] We have high-speed internet and I'm only ever on here from home so I'm pretty sure it's not the internet connection. I don't have the problem with any other site, but this is really the only forum I participate in so I have no comparison. Not that I wish problems on anyone else but am a little relieved to hear it's not just me. If I can figure out the issue I will let you know.

OP
PenelopeRosebud

PenelopeRosebud

Sep 26, 2012
Coquitlam, BC
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=7457]Blueberrys Mom[/MENTION] forgive my non-techiness but you mean Internet Explorer? Should I maybe try Firefox?

OP
PenelopeRosebud

PenelopeRosebud

Sep 26, 2012
Coquitlam, BC
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] I was just replying to you and it happened again. I was about to wonder if maybe the issue was having EBN open in more than one window, but just now I only have one EBN window open and again I got the "EBN Not Responding" mssg and lost it. Hmmmm... I'm going to logout and see if I can get the site to remember me.

Thx!

luis323

Jan 15, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
Are you on wireless or wired connection? Is your browser up-to date? I'm a IT Network Admin.. What browser are you using? Have you tried a different browser? When you are using a different browser does it happen with that one too or not?

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
I'm having the same issue with multiple browsers, so I gave up and got on my tapatalk app which always works fine, maybe its a cache our cookie issue? I, never clear mine...

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online