Off the topic of ebd's but maybe someone can help me

Hero4u2b

Aug 24, 2012
Palm Beach County Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Hello When I post or respond about half the time my pc will freeze and an internet explorer message will come up saying English bulldog forum not responding. I have tried to copy so that I don't have to write everything again and it will not copy and paste...( what I wrote) I can get right back to the site but what I wrote didnt work . ( post or respond even personal messages ) I know this has to be some kind of pc glitch but doesnt anyone have the same problem?

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
sorry no, but maybe someone can come along with help!

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Well... what type of PC operating system are you running? or are you running a MAC? Is your internet explorer updated ? Personally I use Mozilla Firefox instead of Internet Explorer, alot of people use Google Chrome too...and they dont seem to have those issues.

You can dump your 'cookies' and 'clear your Cache' and reboot your machine every few days also helps with the performance.

Are you running anti-virus software? and is it updated? there are a ton of settings that it could be also :/

L

Lucy-licious

Hello When I post or respond about half the time my pc will freeze and an internet explorer message will come up saying English bulldog forum not responding. I have tried to copy so that I don't have to write everything again and it will not copy and paste...( what I wrote) I can get right back to the site but what I wrote didnt work . ( post or respond even personal messages ) I know this has to be some kind of pc glitch but doesnt anyone have the same problem?

just moved this to the site questions section :)

I used to have a similar problem when I was running internet explorere but since switching to firefox its been great, just the occasional glitch here and there when the server is updating :)

DesertBum

Sep 11, 2012
Tucson, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Xena
Like RaRett suggested, clear your cache. I would also stop using IE, as it has many problems and known to be slow. Firefox and/or Chrome work much better. Also make sure that your Java and Flash are up to date. You might have a plugin that is conflicting as well.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack

I noticed this too with the new Internet Explorer. Usually when trying to upload something that is javascript related.

I can certainly help you but.... it requires using a different browser because Internet Explorer is by far the worst and slowest browser out there. The more they try to improve it I swear the worse it gets!

I would suggest Google Chrome https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/browser/ , Safari http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1531 , or Firefox http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/ .

Each of the above links are directly from the source. Never download any of these from another website offering a free download, because you will get a lot of added junk you don't want, and possibly malware.

I think you will find your browsing experience on the whole internet to be so much better and faster! :2thumbs:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Also note that safari is probably your best bet for a mac, and google chrome for windows.

OP
H

Hero4u2b

Aug 24, 2012
Palm Beach County Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
Thanks everyone and Desertsky. I just downloaded Mozilla from the link you sent. I use a pc my Dad was a big mac guy. had computers since apple was making them but I am not that computer savey but I think this is working.. Appreciate it.. Hero

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online