I can't post to the "i can't post to a thread" thread

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
OMG....I'm seriously not joking here. It won't let me reply in the 'I can't post in the thread' thread. I was trying to respond to [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] and it won't let me. I've tried clicking the +reply to thread, changing my screen theme, logging out then back in, clicking on 'go advance', quick reply, reply with quote....:cursing: what is going on here!? You guys are messing with me aren't you? :D

C

Cooper11

grrrr I think you gave me something!!! :ROFL: NO Seriously when I comment on stuff now and push the reply button it deletes almost everything I write! I am getting so tired of having to rewrite stuff and even at that it will keep deleting it and I just give p...lets see if it even lets me write this...I think you are spreading something around lol

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Ashley. [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] will have to look at this problem closer when she gets on this morning. Please be patient. This is something that I have not come across before and she is the admin.
It obviously works some of the time or you couldn't have posted this. Do you normally use the quick reply and push the Post Quick Reply button? Is it ONLY your own threads this is happening on?
We'll find a solution .... eventually.. Doh! ;)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Coop...... What can I say.... the site just hates you :p:p
Sorry, couldn't resist. Sounds like a different problem to me but no less irritating. We may need to get the techs to troubleshoot it. Hang in there. :)

OP
LillyNBruin

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] Yes I suppose it is only my threads. Only after a certain time/posts though. I'm able to respond now. I always select the 'Post Quick Reply' button. Except for the things that I've tried recently. The whole reply box is blocked. It's not like I'm able to type something and it just doesn't send, I can't type anything. The whole box is "pinked" out (I have the mom2bullies theme)

[MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION] Stop hitting the delete button when you click reply...duh! :p

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I've had this same issue from time to time, more so when I reply with a quote. It'll delete just about everything but a few words. :confused: it just did it to me the other day, luckily I hit my back key and was able to recapture what I typed - only for it to do it again. :bang:. I then have to completely go out of the thread and restart my reply all over. Usually works then.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Try the go advanced button..in the meantime! Sometimes I have problems with the quote not picking up..if I use go advanced..it always works! :confused:

OP
LillyNBruin

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] It won't let me post in the "say a prayer for gracie' thread. So it's not just my threads

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=322]AshleyWoodman[/MENTION]

Please tell me what browser you use, and if you do not use Firefox I would recommend it. You can download it here: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/fx/

Since I cannot duplicate this problem I have to assume it is related to your computer or browser. You have been a member here for a while and since I myself have made no changes to the site internally and this just started happening, I would guess an update your computer made has messed with java type applications. The worst browser out there is Internet Explorer, which is unfortunately what most people use that have a home computer since it is pre installed. It is kinda like the "Purina" dog food of Internet browsers (basically crap but since you see it everywhere you could make the assumption it is good), but the good part is you can download Google Chrome or Firefox for free and you don't have to pay $50 a bag! :lol:

:firefox: Firefox is so great we even have a smiley for it.

C

Cooper11

I've had this same issue from time to time, more so when I reply with a quote. It'll delete just about everything but a few words. :confused: it just did it to me the other day, luckily I hit my back key and was able to recapture what I typed - only for it to do it again. :bang:. I then have to completely go out of the thread and restart my reply all over. Usually works then.

Yes I have learned to copy my thread before I push the submit button....why I do this I am not sure because it usually doesn't work the next time either.......I really think [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] is afraid of me and my comments to her so she had Lisa mess with it! :ROFL:

OP
LillyNBruin

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] I'm at work, so I should probably not download that here, but I will try that on my home computer. What is weird, is that it is not every thread. There are a bunch of threads out there that I can post on. Thanks!!

C

Cooper11

Coop...... What can I say.... the site just hates you :p:p
Sorry, couldn't resist. Sounds like a different problem to me but no less irritating. We may need to get the techs to troubleshoot it. Hang in there. :)

O NO!!!!!! You too!!!!:cry::begging: :ROFL: :nonono: Yo better watch it you might a gift from me and its not a pretty one! :lmao:

C

Cooper11

hmmmmmm........Maybe you are the one spreading this nasty stuff around!!! :busted:

OP
LillyNBruin

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] I've tried everything. I'll try changing my browser thingamajig when i get home

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.