I have no idea what happen

lsaucedo

Apr 18, 2011
DALLAS, TEXAS
Bulldog(s) Names
LOLA ESQUIVEL
Hi everyone, really bad news and questions that I wish I was not asking now. I have a baby girl bully her name is Lola and she is 11 months. She just whent into heat last month. i thought i had done everything correctly. she did not go out side alone and she was not around male dogs durring the hole month of december because i did not want to toke the chance of her getting pregnant. I have no idea what whent wrong but her boobs are getting bigger her chest and stomach are two. i have to take her to the vet. tomorrow and I pray that she is not pregnant. I feel she isn't ready to be a mom. I did not spay her i wanted her to be a mom atleast once then spay her. I really did not whant it to be like this. I also feel unprepared to help her. I dont know what todo and the worst thing and I feel terrible about is that IF she is pregnant I have no idea who the daddy is and that concerns me more because that just made me feel like a bad mom. Not only that but what risks is she going to have having puppys of a another bread? If anyone has any info. i could use please let me know. I am gathering as much as i can to help her once the puppies come. Yes I have no clue how it happened. I live with my Husband and 2 Year old son and she has never run away or anything like that. My only guess is that someone is not telling me the truth about my baby girl:( I dont know what todo

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Sorry I can't help you, however I know someone will be around real soon to.

My thought is maybe the hormones make this happen. Even Human Women get bloated etc.....I hope that is what it is.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I know female dogs can have "false pregnancies". I certainly hope this is the case here. [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] will have more info for you.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
My dad's female pug had a false pregnancy so I know it can happen. We all thought she had gotten pregnant somehow because she showed all the signs, but when my dad took her to the vet, there were no puppies. I can't remember if they know why it happened, but I know she had a hormonal imbalance. She was spayed later and it hasn't happened since. Hopefully your vet will be able to figure it out. Keep us updated and good luck!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Sounds like it could be hormones, after each heat it is not uncommon for females to look nipply and they also swell. I hope that is all. How many weeks since she was in heat? Can you post a picture?

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
OMG!!! I am so sorry. The same thing happened to my friend with her chihuahua America. She thought she was preggars and had no idea how it happened because she is never left out by herself, it turned out after a vet examined her ,she wasnt pregnant at all so it was just hormons. I think to be on the safe side take her to the vet. Another reason to get her spayed. I understand you want her to have babies sometime but if you do, she needs to be where no other male dogs are and you must be with her when going out to do her business. An eye on her at all times when in heat.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I'm with everyone else, if she has not been with a male for sure then it is just hormonal. They will do that from time to time.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: I hope you find it's just hormonal like everyone is thinking.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.