Zeus's Raw Feeding Journal

OP
zeusmommy

zeusmommy

Aug 22, 2011
Metro Detroit
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
try more bone until he hardens up ,his poops will go hard lol,welcome to the poop world we raw feeders do get obsessed to begin with,next you will be worrying that hes not pooping enough!!!!raw isnt hard work its just alien to us to begin with ,once into it then its soooo easy,karen

after yesterdays menu finally a solid poop today! I think I finally found the right amount of bone/meat....for now..lol

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
YAY!!!! That is GREAT! Keep up the good work :).

I am kind of poop obsessed too. lol. I think all raw feeders are, especially at first when you are trying to figure out the right balance with different foods and transitions and all of that. Is he still loving it?

OP
zeusmommy

zeusmommy

Aug 22, 2011
Metro Detroit
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
omg, he loves it!!! Its never enough it seems. Every time he hears a bag or sees me prepare meat he thinks its his and leans his back on the fridge waiting...lol

8 am - 8 oz chicken gizzards
12 pm - 8 oz chicken leg quarter (this proved to be a lot of bone)
4 pm and 8 pm - 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast split in two meals (to make up for the bone content earlier)

Pooped twice - morning and late afternoon, very normal. No water intake.

P.S. I am getting THE worse farts ever...EVER!

Last edited:

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
when you get him on the dark red meats the farts may go,lol,karen

OP
zeusmommy

zeusmommy

Aug 22, 2011
Metro Detroit
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
lol....I had a feeling it was the chicken...lol :lmao:

Hubby just informed me that he puked last night. I dont know if its the chicken leg quarter or the chicken breast that did that. He did kinda just swallow the breast - like a freakin gator!

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
lol....I had a feeling it was the chicken...lol :lmao:

Hubby just informed me that he puked last night. I dont know if its the chicken leg quarter or the chicken breast that did that. He did kinda just swallow the breast - like a freakin gator!

Did he re-eat it?

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Did he re-eat it?

YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :barf:

LOL... Yeah, that's just so gross... but I've had dogs that re-eat their puke - even eat somebody else's puke. It's completely disgusting! LOL!

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :barf:

LOL... Yeah, that's just so gross... but I've had dogs that re-eat their puke - even eat somebody else's puke. It's completely disgusting! LOL!

Very common and nothing to worry about! They aren't like us..it comes up and they feel better.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Very common and nothing to worry about! They aren't like us..it comes up and they feel better.

That is true... and my friend with the 7 raw-fed dogs is saying that it's even okay if the meat is rancid when you give it to them - their systems are supposed to be able to handle it. Not that I'm going to feed my dogs rancid meat... she mentioned it because we were talking about the freezer for the dog food and how when there's a hurricane the power might go out and there goes the "bulk bought" dog food... she said, still feed it to them anyway...

GatorRay

Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Eww...rancid meat! I wouldn't take a chance with food that has been thawed and in the fridge for three days much less one that sits out thawed out without refrigeration. Yuck! I know you technically probably could but uck. lol. I would go buy a 7 day cooler to store it in. It will stay frozen in the freezer for a while and then you can transfer it to the cooler. If the power goes out that is.

OP
zeusmommy

zeusmommy

Aug 22, 2011
Metro Detroit
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
UGGHHHHHH....never thought of what am I gonna do if the power goes off! But luckily here we are never without longer than 24 hours.

My husband picked up the puke, so he didnt eat it....

8 am
12 pm
4 pm
He started working on a whole (no organs, no skin, no head, no feet) fryer chicken...so hard to tell when its enough
8 pm - 8 oz of gizzards (think he had enough bone)

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
ive seen mine dig up a meaty bone id given her a week before and start eating it with no ill effects they really are disgusting creatures lol,karen

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
ive seen mine dig up a meaty bone id given her a week before and start eating it with no ill effects they really are disgusting creatures lol,karen

Well, they do lick their privates... LOL!

Angievelvet

May 28, 2011
california
Bulldog(s) Names
violet elizabeth
Well, they do lick their privates... LOL!

Lol annatess your bully. Can reach to lick it's private area haha I guess a boy bully could but watching a female bully try to lick her who haw or her butt is the funniest thing I've ever seen ;)

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

wormed

Aug 10, 2011
Conan has been having quite the soft stool lately. Diarrhea quality. Not totally just liquid but definitely ends up in a chunky mass. I'm hoping (assuming) that is probably due to just overall stress of the change in home, environment, and even food as I've been feeding him some ground up raw chicken/bone and a bit of beef offal to start.

He sometimes seems like he's gonna throw up, but then ends up either stopping or finishing with nothing coming out.

Should I be worried at all? Second day and I'm already wondering what's goin on! I'm THINKING it's nothing but figured I'd ask the experts. :D

EDIT: Also, he's eating, but not as much as I'd have hoped. Again, nerves?

Members online

No members online now.