Zeus's Raw Feeding Journal

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
good for you starting raw feed,just stick with chicken for a few weeks fish should come when hes been eating chicken for a while,remember patience lol,dont worry about him peeing less but i add acv to annies feed as it waters the urine down so it wont smell as bad and boy does concentrated urine smell lol,your doing great ,btw my dog can go 2 days without pooping!!!!,i used to worry but not anymore i may get 3 or 4 poops a week lol,karen

OP
zeusmommy

zeusmommy

Aug 22, 2011
Metro Detroit
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
good for you starting raw feed,just stick with chicken for a few weeks fish should come when hes been eating chicken for a while,remember patience lol,dont worry about him peeing less but i add acv to annies feed as it waters the urine down so it wont smell as bad and boy does concentrated urine smell lol,your doing great ,btw my dog can go 2 days without pooping!!!!,i used to worry but not anymore i may get 3 or 4 poops a week lol,karen

lol....its still that "omg he needs ALL supplements, minerals etc in one day!" kind a thing..lol.....he is still pooping every day. Today and last night it looks weird...lol...my husband thinks I am nuts, talking about poop the whole time...lol

I will try putting some acv, dunno if he will eat the food with the smell of it in there :-(

I can usually find them frozen in a bag at some ethnic stores. gluck!

I'll stop at the italian butcher....he should have it. I heard he has any kind of meat cuts that one would want...lol....and in my neighborhood I have a butcher that is processing game meat, I will be giving him a call too :-)

wormed

Aug 10, 2011

How much ACV do you put into their food?

OP
zeusmommy

zeusmommy

Aug 22, 2011
Metro Detroit
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
8 am - 8 oz of chicken gizzards with crushed egg

Ate only half of it. Maybe the gizzards were foreign to him...lol

12pm - another 8 oz of gizzards, finished everything

4 pm - 7 oz chicken breast, no bone

8 pm - 7 oz chicken breast with bone

Now today he pooped few times, very very little - but very very gooey and kinda more liquidy. Light brown, like very light. Tonight he went again - a bit slimy, on the soft side, stank very weird and it was almost black.

Me thinks more bone needed for Zeus...hubby is suppose to cut the grass tomorrow and I cant even scoop up this kind of poop :-(

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
A little more bone is good but keep in mind that the egg can cause it to be runny as well. You can also expect it to be a bit yellowish from the chicken/hens. Maybe cut the egg and add another meal that has bone. Maybe a thigh or leg quarter. I would stick with strait chicken. In about two weeks, add something new a bite at a time. I wouldn't worry if he doesn't eat all that you offer. He will know what he needs. Just wait, he will want to eat MORE soon enough! lol. I, too, think 4X's a day is a good feeding schedule for his age. Sounds to me like you are doing GREAT!!!!!!!! I am proud of you lol. I add the acv to their water instead of their food. Just a bit.

Remember, slow and steady wins the race :)

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
i put 2 tsp on her breakfast,she wont touch her water if there is acv in it,karen

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I was trying to figure out for the longest time what acv is. lol. I put a tablespoon of it in Stig's water every morning. It's a natural mosquito repellent.

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I was trying to figure out for the longest time what acv is. lol. I put a tablespoon of it in Stig's water every morning. It's a natural mosquito repellent.

Yeah! I sometimes use 1/4 acv to 3/4 water shake it in a spray bottle and spray my kids with it. They smell bad but it's just as bad as bug spray. LOL. But, I only do that if I run out of Skintastic.

OP
zeusmommy

zeusmommy

Aug 22, 2011
Metro Detroit
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
A little more bone is good but keep in mind that the egg can cause it to be runny as well. You can also expect it to be a bit yellowish from the chicken/hens. Maybe cut the egg and add another meal that has bone. Maybe a thigh or leg quarter. I would stick with strait chicken. In about two weeks, add something new a bite at a time. I wouldn't worry if he doesn't eat all that you offer. He will know what he needs. Just wait, he will want to eat MORE soon enough! lol. I, too, think 4X's a day is a good feeding schedule for his age. Sounds to me like you are doing GREAT!!!!!!!! I am proud of you lol. I add the acv to their water instead of their food. Just a bit.

Remember, slow and steady wins the race :)

yeah....it could have been the egg. I wont give that anymore and see what happens. His mornings poo was almost a pile (wth?), little firmer but still on the soft side. I liked the 4 meals yesterday, he actually finishes his food. The only thought I have is - is it the same bloat risk as with kibble about the walk after/prior to eating?

Btw, I went to another so called butcher in the area....wth, they dont have REAL butchers anymore? He had no chicken feet, no animal parts - he had kidneys, livers, hearts....no whole oxtails...he doesnt even butcher a whole animal there :-( I will have to drive to the D-town and go to the real meat market.

Casee

May 8, 2011
Tennessee
Bulldog(s) Names
Taser
Sounds like a lot of work!.... I think after a while feeding raw would drive me crazy ....lol....does it make a mess in the floor??....

OP
zeusmommy

zeusmommy

Aug 22, 2011
Metro Detroit
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Sounds like a lot of work!.... I think after a while feeding raw would drive me crazy ....lol....does it make a mess in the floor??....

a lot of work while you are doing the research, after that when one gets on track its easier. For me, I can find all these meats online no problem (at a god price too) - but I am first and foremost for supporting local small/family business and then go out of the state (but stay within USA).

It doesnt make a mess. If I let him eat on the floor it can be greasy - but thats easy clean up. A towel or an old sheet can work too for the dog to eat on. :-)

OP
zeusmommy

zeusmommy

Aug 22, 2011
Metro Detroit
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
8 am - 8 oz chicken gizzards
12 pm - 8 oz chicken breast with bone
4 pm - 7 oz chicken breast without bone
8 pm - 8 oz chicken breast with bone

He pooped around 9 am and 7 pm...both times on walks!!!! I hate when he does that! Its a pain picking up slimy poo. On another hand, I did NOT have to clean up the poo from the back yard before hubby cut the grass...yeap, it was almost non existent...ha!

Btw, Zeus keeps coming back to the kitchen for eating more, more more....lol...he keeps a watchful eye on me going in there

IMAG0738.jpgIMAG0737.jpg

I had him eat on an old towel. Much easier!

10 days ago at the vets he was 22lbs, now he gained 2lbs - 24lbs

Last edited:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Btw, Zeus keeps coming back to the kitchen for eating more, more more....lol...he keeps a watchful eye on me going in there

I had him eat on an old towel. Much easier!

OMG this is sooo true. Every time I go in the kitchen I have three shadows. lol. It was kind of like that before but now it is every single time. heehee. They just love to eat! I am glad to see he is doing so well! I love the pictures!

OP
zeusmommy

zeusmommy

Aug 22, 2011
Metro Detroit
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
OMG this is sooo true. Every time I go in the kitchen I have three shadows. lol. It was kind of like that before but now it is every single time. heehee. They just love to eat! I am glad to see he is doing so well! I love the pictures!

hahhaaaa.....my husband thinks I am getting another dog waaayyy too attached to me....but nope, its the food...lol...I take those pix and then delete them from my phone after I upload here. Dont want people looking at me as if I am a crazy lady...lol

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
try more bone until he hardens up ,his poops will go hard lol,welcome to the poop world we raw feeders do get obsessed to begin with,next you will be worrying that hes not pooping enough!!!!raw isnt hard work its just alien to us to begin with ,once into it then its soooo easy,karen

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.