Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
A little intro - I have fed raw before, but the pre packaged ones. This time around I am changing my mind and as I make my dog work for his food and treats (i.e. sit, wait etc), I think he should work WITH it too. So I am starting the pray model raw feeding. Joined a yahoo group as well for extra support.

Zeus is 3 and 1/2 months old today. 22 lbs heavy. Expected to be between 65-70 (his dads weight - his moms is 55).

Yesterday morning at 8am I gave Zeus his last cup of Blue Wilderness Puppy. I do have a whole new bag waiting too, but I am not opening it.

2pm - He got a chicken thigh about 1/5 lb, around 250gr. I took the skin off and placed it in his bowl. He ate it that way and started working on the meat. My boy made me proud by crunching up the bone and finishing everything.

noon - a chewing toy, raw pigs ear outside. He was throwing it in air and chewing and playing.

7pm - 1lb heave whole cornish hen. Ate the wings and legs and left the rest.

He pooped 3 times yesterday - his normal size and firmness.

View attachment 11161View attachment 11163View attachment 11162

Can I ask you a question? Are you going to a Supermarket and buying a Cornish Hen, coming home and giving it to your Dog ?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Can I ask you a question? Are you going to a Supermarket and buying a Cornish Hen, coming home and giving it to your Dog ?

Yup, whole prey rawfeeders try to piece the animal over a length of time.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.