Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Zeus's Raw Feeding Journal

Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Zeus's Raw Feeding Journal

Ohhh, I will need to freeze them separately too...way easier

Sooo, what happens at the store the other day....I go to buy some more of that big pork shoulder cut with bone and get to the cashiers register. Had 2 of those, some turkey necks, whole fryer chicken and chicken liver. The lady takes the pork piece, looks at it and goes:

- With bone?
    - Yes.
    - How do you cook it?
    - I dont, I give it to my dog to eat.
    - You cook it?
    - No.
    - You give it to him raw?
    - Yeap.

LOL....her look was priceless...lol...she didnt seem as judgmental, just surprised and was asking few more questions.

Again, the other day I was dying my hair and Zeus was eating. I looked at him and decided he had had enough. Told hubby to go pick up the meat. Hubby: - Eeeewwww, this is gross, Jas! I will puke! Hahahhaaaaa!!!!

One more...lol...my neighbor and friend was over for some chat and the kids to play. It was Zeus's eating time. I whip out the towel and meat and he goes for it. My neighbor started screaming and went to my husband - Do you know what she just fed the dog? LOL....and I DID tell her I need freezer burnt meat and old meat...guess she didnt quiet register it...lol

Just wanted to share.

Anyways, went to game meat processing plant to ask for scrap meat. Lady told me to call them Sunday, with hunting season now they should have something later on. I was asking for scrap meat, antlers, heads....what else can they give me? Organs I am guessing they want them to sell?

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

your so lucky you have hunting season,our hunting season is rushing round the supermarket looking for bargains lol,so expensive here in the uk and thats just for the humans to eat!!!,your doing so well raw feeding keep up the good work,dont forget tho they can tend to pile on the weight with raw lol,karen

Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)

lol karen, I hunt the newspapers and markets too...lol....I wish I could get anything for free, but I have a feeling they still will charge me and game meat is expensive. I hope I get a good price considering they will throw away those things most likely anyways.

Omg, piling on the weight! I have noticed that :-( I cut down on Zeus's food intake cuz it seems as if he is losing his waist line

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member Maximus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Patrick
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maximus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by zeusmommy View Post
    A little intro - I have fed raw before, but the pre packaged ones. This time around I am changing my mind and as I make my dog work for his food and treats (i.e. sit, wait etc), I think he should work WITH it too. So I am starting the pray model raw feeding. Joined a yahoo group as well for extra support.

Zeus is 3 and 1/2 months old today. 22 lbs heavy. Expected to be between 65-70 (his dads weight - his moms is 55).

Yesterday morning at 8am I gave Zeus his last cup of Blue Wilderness Puppy. I do have a whole new bag waiting too, but I am not opening it.

2pm - He got a chicken thigh about 1/5 lb, around 250gr. I took the skin off and placed it in his bowl. He ate it that way and started working on the meat. My boy made me proud by crunching up the bone and finishing everything.

noon - a chewing toy, raw pigs ear outside. He was throwing it in air and chewing and playing.

7pm - 1lb heave whole cornish hen. Ate the wings and legs and left the rest.

He pooped 3 times yesterday - his normal size and firmness.

Attachment 11161Attachment 11163Attachment 11162
    Can I ask you a question? Are you going to a Supermarket and buying a Cornish Hen, coming home and giving it to your Dog ?

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Can I ask you a question? Are you going to a Supermarket and buying a Cornish Hen, coming home and giving it to your Dog ?
    Yup, whole prey rawfeeders try to piece the animal over a length of time.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Remove Ads