Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Zeus's Raw Feeding Journal

Quote Originally Posted by GatorRay View Post
    Did he re-eat it?
    YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL... Yeah, that's just so gross... but I've had dogs that re-eat their puke - even eat somebody else's puke. It's completely disgusting! LOL!

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL... Yeah, that's just so gross... but I've had dogs that re-eat their puke - even eat somebody else's puke. It's completely disgusting! LOL!
    Very common and nothing to worry about! They aren't like us..it comes up and they feel better.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GatorRay View Post
    Very common and nothing to worry about! They aren't like us..it comes up and they feel better.
    That is true... and my friend with the 7 raw-fed dogs is saying that it's even okay if the meat is rancid when you give it to them - their systems are supposed to be able to handle it. Not that I'm going to feed my dogs rancid meat... she mentioned it because we were talking about the freezer for the dog food and how when there's a hurricane the power might go out and there goes the "bulk bought" dog food... she said, still feed it to them anyway...

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Eww...rancid meat! I wouldn't take a chance with food that has been thawed and in the fridge for three days much less one that sits out thawed out without refrigeration. Yuck! I know you technically probably could but uck. lol. I would go buy a 7 day cooler to store it in. It will stay frozen in the freezer for a while and then you can transfer it to the cooler. If the power goes out that is.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)

UGGHHHHHH....never thought of what am I gonna do if the power goes off! But luckily here we are never without longer than 24 hours.

My husband picked up the puke, so he didnt eat it....

8 am
    12 pm
    4 pm
    He started working on a whole (no organs, no skin, no head, no feet) fryer chicken...so hard to tell when its enough
    8 pm - 8 oz of gizzards (think he had enough bone)

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

ive seen mine dig up a meaty bone id given her a week before and start eating it with no ill effects they really are disgusting creatures lol,karen

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by karenben View Post
    ive seen mine dig up a meaty bone id given her a week before and start eating it with no ill effects they really are disgusting creatures lol,karen
    Well, they do lick their privates... LOL!

Feed Store Operator Angievelvet's Avatar
    Real Name
    Mrs. Angela Hernandez
    Bulldog(s) Names
    violet elizabeth
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    Well, they do lick their privates... LOL!
    Lol annatess your bully. Can reach to lick it's private area haha I guess a boy bully could but watching a female bully try to lick her who haw or her butt is the funniest thing I've ever seen

Sent from my HUAWEI-M860 using Tapatalk

Conan has been having quite the soft stool lately. Diarrhea quality. Not totally just liquid but definitely ends up in a chunky mass. I'm hoping (assuming) that is probably due to just overall stress of the change in home, environment, and even food as I've been feeding him some ground up raw chicken/bone and a bit of beef offal to start.

He sometimes seems like he's gonna throw up, but then ends up either stopping or finishing with nothing coming out.

Should I be worried at all? Second day and I'm already wondering what's goin on! I'm THINKING it's nothing but figured I'd ask the experts.

EDIT: Also, he's eating, but not as much as I'd have hoped. Again, nerves?

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wormed View Post
    Conan has been having quite the soft stool lately. Diarrhea quality. Not totally just liquid but definitely ends up in a chunky mass. I'm hoping (assuming) that is probably due to just overall stress of the change in home, environment, and even food as I've been feeding him some ground up raw chicken/bone and a bit of beef offal to start.

He sometimes seems like he's gonna throw up, but then ends up either stopping or finishing with nothing coming out.

Should I be worried at all? Second day and I'm already wondering what's goin on! I'm THINKING it's nothing but figured I'd ask the experts.

EDIT: Also, he's eating, but not as much as I'd have hoped. Again, nerves?

Stig started the diet with ground up chicken w/ bone and tripe and he had runny poops as well. It was most likely because we couldn't control the bone content, which he needed more of in the beginning. I suggest adding more bone. Don't worry, it won't hurt if he eats more bone than meat for now. Some dogs just need more in the beginning. At this moment, Stig can eat a meal with very little or no bone at all. He started raw back in Nov/Dec 2010.

How much is Conan eating? We also found that Stig did best with the 2% of adult weight range, so he gets approx 1lb everyday. Runny poops could be a sign of too much food too.

Do you belong to the Yahoo rawfeeding group? It's a fantastic source of info. Lots of newbs asking questions and pro amateurs answering them.
    Last edited by savemejeebus; 09-02-2011 at 01:42 PM.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by savemejeebus View Post
    Stig started the diet with ground up chicken w/ bone and tripe and he had runny poops as well. It was most likely because we couldn't control the bone content, which he needed more of in the beginning. I suggest adding more bone. Don't worry, it won't hurt if he eats more bone than meat for now. Some dogs just need more in the beginning. At this moment, Stig can eat a meal with very little or no bone at all. He started raw back in Nov/Dec 2010.

How much is Conan eating? We also found that Stig did best with the 2% of adult weight range, so he gets approx 1lb everyday. Runny poops could be a sign of too much food too.
    Thanks for the quick reply!

I figured if there was gonna be a change, to maybe give some more bone.

He's probably only eaten maybe 1/2 lb of food in the last day and a half. First day he didn't eat anything until the very end of the day. He didn't even finish it.

Today, he went at the leftovers, ate a good amount of it but still left some. I'm hoping he'll eat the rest in his next meal. But I was using 5% his body weight atm, and he's 10lbs. So a bit more than 1/2lb, so definitely not an overeating situation. I think today he'll finish off his bowl mid-day and have a bit more before bed. Hopefully!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@savemejeebus gave great advice. I would also add bone. Give him a piece of whole chicken to get that bone in there. I would do a leg quarter or even thigh if he is only 10lbs he can handle that.

Good luck and don't give up. The yahoo groups are awesome too and they can really help you if you need it.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Remove Ads