Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Raw food !!!

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Raw food !!!

Quote Originally Posted by zeusmommy View Post
    He was shaking the skin off of the meat...lol..it was funny to watch. I will stay clear from those bones....I might make a soup for him - leaving the meat and disposing of the bone. I think I am going to have to start like a journal of his meals :-)
    I started a journal too. It is a blog here. If you go to the top of the page and hit blogs, you will see it.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by GatorRay View Post
    I started a journal too. It is a blog here. If you go to the top of the page and hit blogs, you will see it.
    I read it all!!

P.S. I cant seem to find how to make my own blog :-( Maybe I can open a thread with his progress
    Last edited by zeusmommy; 08-27-2011 at 06:56 PM.

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

I found a source of cheap meat. 50 cents a pound for chicken! I'm going raw! But I'm finishing off their current bag of kibbles first.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I read it all!!

P.S. I cant seem to find how to make my own blog :-( Maybe I can open a thread with his progress
    I think you may have to have a certain amount of posts before you can start a blog. Not sure what it is though. I would love to follow his progress! A thread would be cool.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatess View Post
    I found a source of cheap meat. 50 cents a pound for chicken! I'm going raw! But I'm finishing off their current bag of kibbles first.
    Congratulations! I am sure you will be pleased with the results. If you hit any bumps in the road, just post. There are several here that are more knowledgeable than I am and I am sure they can help you out too. @savemejeebus and @karenben are two that I like to turn to as they are sooooo helpful!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Attachment 11039Attachment 11040

Zeus had a chicken thigh today. I heard the crunching of the bone, but he hardly ate any of the meat. Should I save it for tomorrow or throw it in the trash?

Also, I bought some fresh pig ears, some oxtail (but its sliced in smaller pieces), beef leg....do you feed these as a meal or as something to chew on?

Got 2 cornish hens for 6.99....is it ok for a 3 and a half month old to start working on one?
    I have to say I LOVE these pictures of Zeus...he looks like he is really into what he is doing. lol

Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)

I have to say I LOVE these pictures of Zeus...he looks like he is really into what he is doing. lol
    oh, gosh...he is too into it...lol....I'll post some pix of him crunching on the cornish hen tonight...lol...its funny seeing this ball of fur shaking up stuff :-)

I think you may have to have a certain amount of posts before you can start a blog. Not sure what it is though. I would love to follow his progress! A thread would be cool.
    I think so too...that way I dont have to waste paper and pen...lol....I can have it documented with pics....lol

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

i must admit to leaving the skin on her chicken ,she doesnt know how to use her paws when eating lol so does regurgitate but always licks it up YUMMMYYYY not!!it doesnt bother me watching her do that but my old man is disgusted lol,on friday at work my boss had left 2 large chickens and 51b of beef steak out of the fridge and was going to throw it away !!!so i brought it home for annie ,thats a few free meals lol,i think she thought i was going to feed my family with it!!!,so have put it in the freezer for a couple of weeks to kill off any germs and i promise to give it all to annie lol,karen

Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)

hahahaaa....who knows what kind of thought went through her head

Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by karenben View Post
    i must admit to leaving the skin on her chicken ,she doesnt know how to use her paws when eating lol so does regurgitate but always licks it up YUMMMYYYY not!!it doesnt bother me watching her do that but my old man is disgusted lol,on friday at work my boss had left 2 large chickens and 51b of beef steak out of the fridge and was going to throw it away !!!so i brought it home for annie ,thats a few free meals lol,i think she thought i was going to feed my family with it!!!,so have put it in the freezer for a couple of weeks to kill off any germs and i promise to give it all to annie lol,karen
    Lucky you for the score!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
    Likes (Received)

Some time back I asked two of the most knowledgeable experts on Bulldogs that I happen to know. One gave me Pepper. I was curious of a raw food diet for her. They help me quite a bit with anything about Bully's I need or want to know.Both have some 60 years combined in raising and breeding.
    Both of them told me a raw food diet is very detrimental for good health for a Bully. They are even more susceptible to E-coli and other harmful bacteria than humans. When a Bully gets Food poisoning from them its the dehydration that kills them quick. A Bully gets to sick from bad food it is susceptible to what is basically a Stomach Flip.The stomach and gut basically knots up and it is fatal and not at all a pleasant sight to watch a Bully suffer with. Feeding a Bully raw chicken is taking a gamble, chicken can spoil after only being out 15 minutes.
    Beef is only a bit safer but Bully's have a heck of a time digesting it.Both have told me that the only Safe Beef to give a Bully is to boil it and strain it , not even baked or fried beef is advisable. If you feed your Bully beef and you have issues with Gas then you know now one of the reasons. Boiled removes most all the fat from beef and at times I will feed pepper some boiled beef and rice as a special treat. But as shared with me Bullys and beef don't mix and that it was far better to have my bully on a raw, washed veggie diet along with a good non -wheat dry dog food then to consider a diet that included raw meat.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)

If that diet works for ya and your dogs thrive on it - thats awesome!
    Last edited by zeusmommy; 08-28-2011 at 07:44 PM.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Remove Ads