Second Time EBD owner First time Raw feeder

Frost

Jun 20, 2020
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
So thebfirst EBD I owned had all sorts of food allergies and had a constant troubles sticking to one brand that would work long enough. Just when you thought hurray! it would quickly damn! I decided I would try the Raw diet craze, yesterday I picked up my 10 Week old male from the Breeder. I was told he was on Royal Canin Puppy chiot and before we drove him back home he pooped pretty good and solid. So his first feeding this morning, I decided to go full transition to chicken with leg quarters and spinach and a touch of olive oil and a small bit of carrot. But on his first poop it was diarrhea. I heard about the detox and thougt maybe this was part of the detox process, but on his second feedingI feed him the same but added a bit of pumpkin puree but still had diarrhea. Also he has been gassy the whole day, man did that bring back memories. Did I mess up on the transition part or should it been slow? should I just continue and see if it starts to clear up in a few days? I also was considering buying what he was on before or would it a difference since I started him on the raw? any Advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
you have come to the right place :) welcome. There are great knowledgeable people here that can help you. I too am a raw feeder but my boy was quite a bit older b4 starting on raw.. (i was previously cooking for him) Anyway, wow! strait to the leg at 10 weeks. Your brave lol Prob fine but you will get some great help shortly :) Lots of "raw" lovers here but no judgmental people :) we all do what we feel is best.

OP
Frost

Frost

Jun 20, 2020
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
When did you start your bully on his raw diet?

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
My French Bulldog has been in raw for years and Louie has been on raw for almost 2 years. I use commercial frozen raw that’s already balanced out. I did not do a slow transition for either of them and had no issues.

Since your guy is so new to you, the new home could be stressful causing diarrhea. Royal Canin is not a high quality kibble. With a puppy and diarrhea, you want to make sure he does not get dehydrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
When did you start your bully on his raw diet?

My Hank went from Acanna, to home cooking, to dehydrated raw, to frozen premade. I would sort of love to go to the barf but im a scardie cat with bones now :( He's 4 now :)

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
You could try transitioning him from Royal Canin to a better quality kibble eg. Fromm Heartland Gold Puppy Grain Free, or Open Farm Puppy ( like [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] is using ) for now, and once he's about 8 months switch him to frozen raw.

OP
Frost

Frost

Jun 20, 2020
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno
You could try transitioning him from Royal Canin to a better quality kibble eg. Fromm Heartland Gold Puppy Grain Free, or Open Farm Puppy ( like [MENTION=16619]Cbrugs[/MENTION] is using ) for now, and once he's about 8 months switch him to frozen raw.

I just put him back on Royal Canin. It's almost like he recognized the bag as soon as I got home from Pet Smart. He was so exited that he literly was about to climb on top of the bag, he couldn't wait for me to open the bag. I definitely will switch him to a more quality food even though this bag set me back 78.00 buck's.Ouch!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.